• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Model 601 Tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up a vintage tube amp today. I have no idea with any details or how to begin to put it to use. Any help would surely be appreciated. On the front it says Model 601 and has a Microphone input. On the rear it has a couple of strange connectors, on the top there is a green wire that is not terminated. It has what resembles a fuse cup.
It has 2 6V6GT, 2 6SL7GT. It has a 4 pin unit that resembles a tube.
On the back it is marked 202000

Attachments

• 6011.jpg
    6011.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 6012.jpg
    6012.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 6013.jpg
    6013.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 6014.JPG
    6014.JPG
    710.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 6015.jpg
    6015.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 107
The green wire plus "dohickey" is the top cap connection for what is likely a metal envelope 6J7 pentode.

The tube with a curved plate and a rod cathode is a photocell. I'm guessing the amp came out of a movie projector.

What look like 2 contact Jones connector sockets are probably speaker connections.

The rectifier is a 5Z4 metal envelope tube.

The power trafo looks "meaty" enough.

Stereo is out, unless you can find an exact mate. The makings of a guitar amp are certainly there. If you want go down that path, have the moderators move this thread to the Instruments and Amps "board".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.