• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Alps & Panasonic pots (what's the dael? :: pics)

I ran into some ALPS and Panasonic motorized-potentiometers... I don't know if they are any good...

any idea appreciated :rolleyes:
pics:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

both side by side:

ALPS (side view):

ALPS (top view):

Panasonic (side view): (there is no Panasonic printed on them but I'm told they are)

Panasonic (top view):

Last edited:
I ran into some ALPS and Panasonic motorized-potentiometers... I don't know if they are any good...

Panasonic (side view): (there is no Panasonic printed on them but I'm told they are)

I think they are Panasonic.

The styled M within a rectangle is the trade-mark of Panasonic.
M stands for Matsushita, the name of the company that holds the Panasonic brand.

Hello to all, I am new in this forum and you can call me as rafik. The reason for my contact is that I am looking for a part of the NEC AUA 8300E amplifier, specifically the VR201 pot, part number 41950295. Please, if anyone has it or can suggest where to get it, I will be very grateful.
I look forward to your positive reply. Many greetings.
Thanks in advance to everyone.
rafik

Attachments

• nec pot 1.jpg
    nec pot 1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 67
  • nec pot 2.jpg
    nec pot 2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 69
Is this a concentric volume and balance pot with loudness taps? Could be hard to find except from the OEM, but have you tried to open and clean your existing pot? I would recommend Caig D5 to clean the contact surfaces and a light grease for the bearing surfaces.

All good fortune,
Chris

Hello Chris, I apologize for responding recently to your interesting recommendations. I really appreciate your help.
Yes, I disassembled the pot and it was full of grease and dirt. With the cleaning I managed to get 243k ohms in the last two gaps. But in the first gap I couldn't get 0 ohms in its initial position and in the final only 238k. In the second gap I get 0.32 ohms and also 238k. These last two gaps work in reverse right?
One question please, would you know what the tolerance of this pot is?
Thank you very much for your help, you are very kind.
Greetings
Raphael Suarez
oa4dma 73!