• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

GU50 plate curves

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
Hi Wavebourn,

the one that I know sadly doesn't feature plate curves referencing to 300 v screen. But the plate curves herein at pages 2 (top) and p3 (bottom) respectively, surprisingly differ much!

I've also had a look at the EL153 curves, mainly the same tube, but lacking the supressor grid, but also there's none for 300 v screen.

Best regards!

I thought EL152 is the civilian version? See if this one make sense.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Jaz

Thanks. I know this sheet. At page 9 we find suitable data for audio frequency amplification, but it doesn't show the requested plate curves @300v screen. Those at p.3 relate to 250 v screen.

Best regards!

In all GU50 datasheets only 250V G2 operation is mentioned. So this means you have to extrapolate them (make them up :D )

Bilingual datasheet here. Seems like they wanted to make monies off potential enemy, too :D

http://tubedata.milbert.com/sheets/018/g/GU50.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.