• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SiliconRay Kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Items shipped by sea are usually handled by freight expeditors when they arrive here, and have to go through customs within a requisite amount of time or are forfeit and a fine plus storage fee is levied to recover the goods. I had a shipment of several amplifiers from my OEM in China arrive at the Port of Boston and was not informed by the expeditor until after the customs holding time had been exceeded - I had to pay over $1K in fines to US customs to get my goods, and worse of all the amps were mis-handled along the way (probably by the longshoremen at one or both ends of the journey) and arrived badly damaged. (The amps in question weighed 65lbs apiece)

Siliconray needs to check with his shipper to find out what happened to those orders. I also subsequently found out that air freight would not have cost any more - that may have changed in the 10 yrs since my "incident." Previous bigger orders went by air without incident.

Back when international parcel post went by surface the post office handled this stuff, but as far as I know there is no overseas surface mail now. (It all goes by air)

Sorry all. I am killed all over the world.

I really have no way to check where are they from our shipper for sea shipping method. Good news is that more and more people received it recently, most shipped 3 months before. Maybe you can receive it tomorrow, next week or in 2013. You probably should do another customer suggested in audiokarma forum: relax and take a cup of coffee, forget about the kit, then you'll find it at your door next morning.

Anyway we promise to refund if not receive 4 months after delivery.

Sorry all. I am killed all over the world.

I really have no way to check where are they from our shipper for sea shipping method. Good news is that more and more people received it recently, most shipped 3 months before. Maybe you can receive it tomorrow, next week or in 2013. You probably should do another customer suggested in audiokarma forum: relax and take a cup of coffee, forget about the kit, then you'll find it at your door next morning.

Anyway we promise to refund if not receive 4 months after delivery.

Thanks for the promise to replace.

Cheers,
Bob

It's far off topic.

Your guys should give me suggestion about this new product rather than throw dart at me. Look at this new product:
R2 SMPS Powered Tube Amplifer

As some of you suggested, we hired an experienced designer. This is the first product, I think you will like it more than those slow kit. It's much light due to the useage of SMPS, air shipping won't take too much money and time.

are other methods than seamail offered? if they are and Ray can prove the kits have shipped, why is it his responsibility to cover for a substandard shipping service that has been chosen by the customer? any offer to do so would be purely good will, as paypal will not cover him for loss if a non trackable, non-registered shipping method is used, so does he take all the risk so that customers can get a cheaper imported product and also choose seamail to avoid higher shipping costs?

Last edited:
I do understand the frustration; dont get me wrong, but having been on the other end of this a couple of times i can see his point of view as well. to the point that i nolonger offer standard unregistered airmail on orders over $100, so that if something does happen and the customer wants to blame it all on me its not too big a loss

I do understand the frustration; dont get me wrong, but having been on the other end of this a couple of times i can see his point of view as well. to the point that i nolonger offer standard unregistered airmail on orders over $100, so that if something does happen and the customer wants to blame it all on me its not too big a loss

Shipments were shipped WITH a tracking number registered mail, originally SiliconRay did NOT offer AIR as an option. All of us that had thier kits shipped "SURFACE" are on the slow boat from China. The tracking numbers are over 3 months old and have since archived and are ONLY trackable IF Siliconray contacts his shipping company (China Post in this case). The ONLY person at this point that can track the package is Siliconeray. He has not contacted China Post that I know of other that tracking the package a few months ago, which cannot be done anymore.

Now yer cought up.

Cheers,

Bob

Ray, yesterday I received my first kit, the EL-34 one. And today the second one arrived. I haven't had a chance to inventory them yet, due to me working on the pouring of the mold for my Hexagon speaker project. It didn't work out too well, and I have been cleaning up the mess. Sigh.

Anyway, in truth I paid for the combined air/ground route, and it didn't take very long. And the boxes look like they did sitting on the dock, right here. They were picked up on February 13th, which means one arrived in eighteen days, and the other one nineteen days. Its more expensive but does cut down on the aggravation factor of waiting so long.

I can only hope that everyone's kits arrive real soon. I'm sorry to hear about all this. All this learning curve thing isn't easy on anyone. :(

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.