Caps - Mundorf Silver/oil vs silver/gold/oil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just looked up the price of these and spilt my coffee in my lap. If I was getting into that range, I would start to consider transformer coupling...

Yes, some venders are selling them for extortionate prices. I've managed to find some sellers selling the for around 39USD (not the evo though), still pricey but then these are reputed to be among some of the best.

The point of the post though, was to update people with their operating temperatures, that were in doubt before. Looking through the rest of their capacitors, it seems that all are rated to 85C except one, which is rated at 70C.

The point of the post though, was to update people with their operating temperatures, that were in doubt before. Looking through the rest of their capacitors, it seems that all are rated to 85C except one, which is rated at 70C.

Very helpful information, I recently changed the 4 stock coupling capacitors on a elekit tu 8200 tube amp and used Supreme silver oil 0.1 uf (39 bucks each), they made a huge difference in sound quality. I was a bit worried about the operational temperature, but no issues so far. It would be interesting to mesure how hot it really gets inside the amp (this one or any other tube amp) to determine if the heat level could be the reason for any components to die prematurely in the long run.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.