• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Super cheap triode amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How did you drive/bias the 3c24 exactly. I'm gathering parts for an amp using the 4E27. Yes, for the red plate.

Normally is used a tube in cathode follower or a transformer for driver this transmitters tubes in class A.
I have a idea of use a transistor BU208 in emitter follower with good results.
The BU208 support high voltage and the emitter is connect direct to tube grid.

Aldovan

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005

Attachments

• wave.jpg
    wave.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 512

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Tony,

The point I was trying to make is you cannot tell very much about speaker response the lack of detail or any improvements to a circuit when you listening to speakers mounted in a cardboard box.

Aldovan,

Are you talking this transformer?

GXSE10-8-2.5K

10W, single ended tube output transformer for 2.5K Ohms to 8 Ohms.

I have not used this transformer but I do have on hand two Hammond 125ESE's still new and in the box. If I'm going to build this little amplifier I will not depend on it to try to reproduce low frequencies. I will instead hook up a simple little subwoofer. This is why the Hammond 125ESE transformers I have will work fine. They are somewhat limited in their low frequency response and this will mate up fine with a small subwoofer with the frequency at a maximum of 80-100HZ @ 24db crossover.
I'm not agree about LF of H 125SE. 5-6 years ago seller offered this cheap tr. for SE 2A3, 300B, 6L6...I tried 300B with 125FSE and Freeq. band was more 20-30000 Hz with the sames amplitudes /+- 0 db!/. Now I don't believe that band is 70 or 150 - 15000 Hz :). I don't understand seller's deals.....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.