• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My own version of the EAR 834P Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Modified the circuit to add one more stage of RC filtering as per MartinR schematic. Here the schematic with voltages. It measures about the same.

By the way, my circuit gain at 50dB may be a little lower because I'm using at the moment for the second valve (V102) a 12AX7WA NOS valve. I'll try later with a brand new 12AX7.

Attachments

• preamp_schematic_ver1.3_with voltages.pdf
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,706
Another 834p phono build

hey - too many new phono threads to start a new one, but to resurrect one i based my most recent whim upon, here's a pic of my newest build - and i'm no scot, 'cept in spirit and maybe my mom's mom's mom's side, but who ain't ;^) - used the schematic except slight diff. on PSU, using a choke off first filter cap which is 20UF motor run and proceeded from there. Lot's of gain with my shure Vx15 blah blah - no hum at all, kept signal's as short as possible and mainly used P2P with perfboards for the PSU 'modules', all in same 12X8X3 hammond steel box...

Attachments

• haggis_3.jpg
    haggis_3.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 1,410
Hi There, i dont know if anybody is still reading this thread, but i have just built this and it sounds wonderful, however it has an annoying hum, not sure if i have just try'ed putting to much into a smallish box, or is its filtering on power supply, or ground loop, any advice would be really appreciated, ill upload photos later. regards, kevin.

hej Francois G

sorry it is me thats wrong
there is a man on this sit spaceistheplace he is all so on Lencheaven he has made thread on lencoheaven whit part list fore the EAR 834p I have bin looking at this sit and on lencohevan
my English is not so god sorry for that I am from Denmark hope you understan me

Hi Carigtone
Yes that i would like hit me place ��������
I have ordet a Ear 834 kit from eBay so i Think that
Will have to put in some better componet �� so i woluld like youre design ��

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.