Russian 6P14P tubes - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd August 2007, 07:19 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Russian 6P14P tubes

Does anyone know all the different variations of the Russian 6P14P tubes? So far, I've seen suffixes of -K, -ER, -EV, and -EB.

From what I've been able to gather the -EV and -EB are the same. They're the "military rated" version, with double getter posts, thicker mica and glass, higher voltage and vibration specs, and longer rated lifetimes.

I have no idea what the -K and -ER models are. There's also the plain 6P14P, with no suffix at all.
Old 3rd August 2007, 08:45 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Never mind... I found all the answers here:
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Russ...re_rue_dat.pdf
Old 4th August 2007, 03:02 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to soundbrigade
It is a bit annoying that people just take the letters right of the valves without evening for a second realising that these are cyrillic letters. Then we end up with confusion: A Russian 6L6 is marked 6П3С, which reads "six P three S". The funny dual tertode used in the Priboi amps is marked 6Р3С - six R three S. I've seen people using the Russian letters like latin and causing endless discussion if people mean the 6L6 or the 6R3S. They have approx the same oP ratings (well almost).

I think the E and EV (latin) markings means a mechanically more stable tube (you can use it in a T34 or MIG-21).
Old 30th August 2007, 01:40 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Russian 6P14P tubes

Quote:
Originally posted by Ty_Bower
Does anyone know all the different variations of the Russian 6P14P tubes? So far, I've seen suffixes of -K, -ER, -EV, and -EB.
Hello
All these lamps have the identical characteristic. BUT.....Differ time of a life
6P14P - 3000hr
6P14P-V - 1000hr
6P14P-EV - 5000hr
6P14P-ER - >10000hr
6P14P-K - 3000hr and tube is steady against vibration!!!! This tube is very rare.
Also tubes 6P14P-EV and 6P14P-EB It is one type tube.
Old 30th August 2007, 02:50 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Russian 6P14P tubes

Quote:
Originally posted by rutubes.com
6P14P-K - 3000hr and tube is steady against vibration!!!! This tube is very rare.
Very rare, no? I somehow stumbled into a set of seven of them. Too bad my amp needs four at a time.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 30th August 2007, 10:11 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Ty_Bower, We seriously are engaged purchase of tubes. But for last years we have collided that many types of tubes already are absent. Stocks 6P14P-K start to decrease. Initially this type of a tube has been let out specially for militarians by very small quantity. Probably to you has carried that these lamps at you were.
For this year we could find only 100 pieces. If a quantity is necessary for you address to us.
Excuse for my English.
Click the image to open in full size.
Thanks
Nikolay
Old 30th August 2007, 11:13 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Well, I think there is what to discuss about Soviet suffixes. I see on ftp://ftp.slivova.info/andro/Lampi_razni/kalar.djv (you would need DjVu plug-in and some knowledge of Russian to use this data book, otherwise page 300) shows some more differences in details. For example, maximum rating for filament voltage is 5.7-7 for 6P14P,6P14P-V (6n14p-B in our letters) and 6P14P-EV (6n14n-EB), and only 6.0-6.6 for 6P14P-ER(6n14n-EP) - something typical for long life tubes, as far as I know. 6P14P-ER (6n14n-EP) also has a little higher filament current - 80060mA against 76060mA for the others.
In this book there are also specifications for vibration ratings, but, unfortunately, 6P14P-K (6n14n-K) is not included.
There are also other differences, and they seem to be minor as specification.

I guess you might find this link interesting for 6P14P/6P15P/EL originals.

Best regards,
Andrey
Old 30th August 2007, 11:16 PM   #8
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by rutubes.com
Excuse for my English.
Nikolay,

It is good to see you here. I have found your web site very useful in the past (i have a Russian speaking nephew from the Ukraine who has helped me understand the russian in the data sheets)

Your English is understandable -- in fact that are some native english speakers here (and that only speak English) that have trouble writing as clearly as you do.... and your English will improve as you hang around )

dave
Old 31st August 2007, 12:21 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Dave thanks for understanding.
Andrey your answer very good. Thanks. Now I shall add to your answer.
In standard OKT4 GO.202.014:
Vibration ratings for 6P14P (6n14n) is 0.79
_____ For example: vibration ratings for 61 (6e1n) is 0.21
The norm for many tubes is <0.8 (failure rate x10-6, 1/hour)
Conclusion: 6E1P is better than 6P14P on vibrating loadings. And 6P14P tube comes nearer to a limit of norm.
Vibration ratings for 6P14P-K (6n14n-k) is 0.54. As you can see this value has satisfactorier estimation in comparison with 6P14P (6n14n).
P.s. On a suffix as it is possible to learn about influence of other factors: humidity, height, storage and other. But we practically do not consider these parameters when.

Thanks,
Nikolay
Old 31st August 2007, 02:05 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
... Andrey your answer very good. Thanks. ...
Welcome! I thank you - I am a newbie here so I would not deny that your appreciation means much to me
Best regards,
Andrey

Hide this!Advertise here!