• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Russian 6P14P tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know all the different variations of the Russian 6P14P tubes? So far, I've seen suffixes of -K, -ER, -EV, and -EB.

From what I've been able to gather the -EV and -EB are the same. They're the "military rated" version, with double getter posts, thicker mica and glass, higher voltage and vibration specs, and longer rated lifetimes.

I have no idea what the -K and -ER models are. There's also the plain 6P14P, with no suffix at all.

Never mind... I found all the answers here:
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Russian/russ_roehre_rue_dat.pdf

It is a bit annoying that people just take the letters right of the valves without evening for a second realising that these are cyrillic letters. Then we end up with confusion: A Russian 6L6 is marked 6П3С, which reads "six P three S". The funny dual tertode used in the Priboi amps is marked 6Р3С - six R three S. I've seen people using the Russian letters like latin and causing endless discussion if people mean the 6L6 or the 6R3S. They have approx the same oP ratings (well almost).

I think the E and EV (latin) markings means a mechanically more stable tube (you can use it in a T34 or MIG-21).

Ty_Bower said:
Does anyone know all the different variations of the Russian 6P14P tubes? So far, I've seen suffixes of -K, -ER, -EV, and -EB.
Hello
All these lamps have the identical characteristic. BUT.....Differ time of a life
6P14P - 3000hr
6P14P-V - 1000hr
6P14P-EV - 5000hr
6P14P-ER - >10000hr
6P14P-K - 3000hr and tube is steady against vibration!!!! This tube is very rare.
Also tubes 6P14P-EV and 6P14P-EB It is one type tube.

Ty_Bower, We seriously are engaged purchase of tubes. But for last years we have collided that many types of tubes already are absent. Stocks 6P14P-K start to decrease. Initially this type of a tube has been let out specially for militarians by very small quantity. Probably to you has carried that these lamps at you were.
For this year we could find only 100 pieces. If a quantity is necessary for you address to us.
Excuse for my English.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks
Nikolay

Well, I think there is what to discuss about Soviet suffixes. I see on ftp://ftp.slivova.info/andro/Lampi_razni/kalar.djv (you would need DjVu plug-in and some knowledge of Russian to use this data book, otherwise page 300) shows some more differences in details. For example, maximum rating for filament voltage is 5.7-7 for 6P14P,6P14P-V (6n14p-B in our letters) and 6P14P-EV (6n14n-EB), and only 6.0-6.6 for 6P14P-ER(6n14n-EP) - something typical for long life tubes, as far as I know. 6P14P-ER (6n14n-EP) also has a little higher filament current - 800±60mA against 760±60mA for the others.
In this book there are also specifications for vibration ratings, but, unfortunately, 6P14P-K (6n14n-K) is not included.
There are also other differences, and they seem to be minor as specification.

I guess you might find this link interesting for 6P14P/6P15P/EL originals.

Best regards,
Andrey

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
rutubes.com said:
Excuse for my English.

Nikolay,

It is good to see you here. I have found your web site very useful in the past (i have a Russian speaking nephew from the Ukraine who has helped me understand the russian in the data sheets)

Your English is understandable -- in fact that are some native english speakers here (and that only speak English) that have trouble writing as clearly as you do.... and your English will improve as you hang around :))

dave

Dave thanks for understanding.
Andrey your answer very good. Thanks. Now I shall add to your answer.
In standard OKT4 GO.202.014:
Vibration ratings for 6P14P (6n14n) is 0.79
_____ For example: vibration ratings for 6Å1Ï (6e1n) is 0.21
The norm for many tubes is <0.8 (failure rate x10Å-6, 1/hour)
Conclusion: 6E1P is better than 6P14P on vibrating loadings. And 6P14P tube comes nearer to a limit of norm.
Vibration ratings for 6P14P-K (6n14n-k) is 0.54. As you can see this value has satisfactorier estimation in comparison with 6P14P (6n14n).
P.s. On a suffix as it is possible to learn about influence of other factors: humidity, height, storage and other. But we practically do not consider these parameters when.

Thanks,
Nikolay

does anyone know how the older 6P14P-EB (or 6P14P-EV) Russian tubes compare in SOUND quality to the new-manufacture Sovtek EL84M tubes? (NOT the regular Sovtek EL84)

I've been told that Sovtek EL84M are the exact same tube as the 6P14P-EB, and hence will sound the same

yet, I have found people who say this is not true

thank you!

PS: I am looking for great sounding replacements for an old Fisher stereo amp, that requires 4 x 7189 output tubes... but NOS vintage 7189 tubes are getting very hard and expensive to find, especially in matched pairs

Hello ,

i use only 6P14P-EV for me old SE UL EL 84 ...

Attachments

• 6P14P-EV.jpg
    6P14P-EV.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 1,175
  • PICT7052.JPG
    PICT7052.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 1,155
  • Ampli SE UK 7K - 6P14P-EV.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 197
Another option is the 6P15P-EV. You will need to tie the 3 & 6 pin together because they are not connected internally as the EL84 and 6P14P-EV. You will not find a better price for these NOS tubes. Decware praises the sound. I am going to give them a try in a PP amp I am building after building the Decware Zen with the 6P15P-EV.

I use 6P14P-ER!

I Uses the them in a SE amp that I have built several years ago used and tried several different EL84 from various European manufacturers also NOS tubes. I prefer 6P14P-ER because they are very very good I think they are at the same level as good NOS soundvise but at a better price and availability.

I update an Dynaco ST35, which of course will have 6P14P-ER instead of of these Mullard EL84 of who was there, there is no point to ask about of these tubes they are already sold.

Anders

Another option is the 6P15P-EV. You will need to tie the 3 & 6 pin together because they are not connected internally as the EL84 and 6P14P-EV. You will not find a better price for these NOS tubes. Decware praises the sound. I am going to give them a try in a PP amp I am building after building the Decware Zen with the 6P15P-EV.

It is more linear tube for video amplifiers. Screen grid is denser, so both G2 and negative bias voltages have to be lower. I would recommend to stabilize G2 using a 180V Zener and a MOSFET sourse follower.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I think 6P15P is very similar to EL86..

I've used 6P14P-EV and ER. I've also used older EL84M which to me looked exactly like the 6P14P-EV I had on hand; I've always understood the EL84M to be a rebadged 6P14P-EV so surprised to hear otherwise.

I quite like the 6P14P-EV and ER, they seem quite rugged and sub well for the 7189 as well. (as expected)

I was asking just these questions a few months ago.

6P14P = EL84, 6BQ5, 7189 (depending on whether you have -E, -EV, etc.)
6P15P = EL83 (I think that's the same as Svetlana SV83)
6P43P = ??? Some say it's equivalent to EL86

I forget which one is equivalent to EL82. Maybe that's a 6P18P?

What is an EL80? I can't find a data sheet for that one...
--

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.