6146 in the Simple SE - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Tubelab

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 14th April 2011, 06:43 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Quote:
but it looks like a septar socket.
Yes, it is. At first I thought it was like the 813, but when the tubes showed up I found out otherwise. AES has the sockets.

Quote:
I don't know what the current market price of these tubes are, but I have a bunch of each type
Now that you mention it I know that I have a box full of 829B's and another box with some Amperex tubes that look a lot like the 5894, and another box with somthing like an 829B that never grew up. It's rather short and chubby.
Old 14th April 2011, 09:24 PM   #42
w5jag is offline w5jag  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
somthing like an 829B that never grew up. It's rather short and chubby.
Sounds like 832A, about half the dissipation per plate as the 829B, IIRC. It seems like I bought some septar sockets at Fair Radio one of the years I went to Dayton. I'll have to try to find them.

Win W5JAG
Old 15th April 2011, 01:51 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

Quote:
one of the years I went to Dayton.
Going this year? My plans should take me to Dayton this year, but stuff happens.
Old 15th April 2011, 07:59 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

George, I have been asking myself that same question.

I sold the building I presently office in and have to be out of it by the end of May, and am in the process of a full renovation of another, and it mostly depends on how all this plays out.

I am already behind schedule on the electric (and way over budget), but I am still thinking I can have it all done by the first week in May.

So, probably yes, but I won't know for sure until closer to Hamvention time.

Win W5JAG
Old 29th April 2011, 01:37 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

Anything new with the 4D32's?

Win W5JAG
Old 29th April 2011, 01:22 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Anything new with the 4D32's?
No activity at all, not even turning an amp on to listen. I will be gone for most of May and I have been working a lot to get ahead. It's a safe bet that I will be behind when I get back, so there probably won't be much Tubelab activity until well into June. I must go to West Virginia and move my mother in law into a different house.

This weekend will be used up packing my Honda to the max for my 3000 mile road trip. I should be leaving aroung May 5 and not returning until May 24. One stop will be the Dayton hamfest.
Old 11th May 2011, 03:13 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

Quote:
One stop will be the Dayton hamfest.
At this point, it's looking pretty doubtful for me. Unless dramatic progress is made in the next three or four days , I'm going to be stuck here.

Are they having the homebrew exhibit again this year?

Win W5JAG
Old 11th May 2011, 10:55 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Are they having the homebrew exhibit again this year?
I saw no mention of it in the flyer that they sent. Last years exhibit was pretty lame. There were two projects, and no one near either to explain them.

I could give a good demo on electronic pyrotechnics, but after a few years in a row demonstrating the "chip tester" at the now defunct Miami hamfest, I don't think it would go over well in Dayton. The aroma of roasted silicon and burnt plastic smells as strong as some of the Cuban cigars being smoked at the Miami show. At least our episodes got the fairgrounds to ban smoking indoors (now a state law).

I am already in West Virginia and only 200 miles or so from Dayton. Barring a major FU I will be there. I just got this Comcast Xfinity thing installed and need to get the wireless router working.
Old 29th May 2011, 03:04 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

So, how was Hamvention? I didn't get to go. I've changed contractors on my office building and the major delay may even make me miss Hamcomm

I have been giving some thought to simple 6146 single ended rev II, think I know how I want to do it, and may be able to get that together in the next few weeks.

Win W5JAG
Old 29th May 2011, 03:47 AM   #50
diyAudio Member

The Simple SE is still a project I'm planning. I wanted to work up a parts & cost list, but the web page's link to that is broken for the Simple, as is the OPT page. Is there a parts list currently available for a conventional build? The OPT's and tubes and chassis I have figured out, but a suggested parts list would be very helpful, especially if it has source and part number info, as is available for the Tubelab SE.

I think I'll start with 6L6's since I have a pair, but I also have those 12v 6146's to try too, so I'm keeping up with this discussion.

Hide this!Advertise here!