meow meow meow!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Oops, forgot Rickie... not really a cat, but sure likes the cat food.

Attachments

• rickey.jpg
    rickey.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 157
EC8010 said:
I saw a raccoon when I visited Canada and was impressed at how neatly it ate cat food - unlike my cat Cathode who prefers to take it into the hall, drop it on the carpet, then eat it.

Buffy is a polydactyl and can use her front paws like hands. She picks up the food with a grip, plays hockey with it, then eats it.

She'll also sit on the arm of your chair and take popcorn from your bowl one-by-one and eat it out of her "hand", not unlike a raccoon :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

EC8010 said:
Aaaawww. Wow, what a pussycat! Confirms my theory that mackerel tabbies are the brightest.

Oh yeah ....

Our cat (see previous posts showing cat on couch) comes and goes as she pleases, displays affection when she needs a scratch, food, play etc, sleeps anywhere anytime she feels like, does whatever she want's while I have to work that bit extra to pay for cat food, vet bills (she's only gotta sneeze once), collars, cat toys, cat accessories (scratch post) etc. etc.

Let me assure you, our cat has life worked out very well. I think she is secretly building a plan to get to Planet10's house (cat paradise).

Sigh....

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Would that be the big fluffy thing on the sofa? Also gorgeous. I'm sure there are cats I don't like. Certainly. There must be. Laws of probability and all that. Mind you, that doesn't stop them all from being completely manipulative bar stewards. I'm told you just have to accept this.

On the positive side, what can beat a cat welcoming you through the front door, squeaking excitedly as they leap up onto your bed, and above all as they slooch in that elegant slow-motion perch towards your welcoming hand?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Cal Weldon said:
Well, I once had a girlfriend that no sooner were you through the door than there was a tongue in your ear and very friendly leg wrapped around mine.

Well, gosh, I thought ****** had always lived in the UK, nevertheless, I still value feline affection that doesn't get the hump if you look at another woman.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
They've seen your prowess with the tin-opener.
That must be it! I don't use one often, it's pushing the limit of my ability in the kitchen.

I think it's because I drop things. Dogs like me too. :D

Not the parser, even after 23 years she deserves discretion.
You've got the automatic parser installed? Cool. I could use one. It helps with the difference between "out loud" and "to yourself". ;) My wife might leave the house with me again then.

-Chris

Maybe I'm weird, but I never thought of imacs as cat residences....

My favourite cat "effi" (post #8) sadly no longer with us, used to mischievously steal socks, from the laundry and hide them. Result; a draw full of odd socks and a girlfriend, who on discovering odd hidden socks, thought I was very lazy or very weird.....

......which gets back to not thinking of the imac solution.

Another odd thing about effi was that she responded to my whistle like a dog would. Observing neighbours who heard my whistle would see a cat running down the street instead.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Cal Weldon said:
The trick is to get them used. They cost around $1200 new but you can often get them free if they're used.

They come for free when the analog board (power supply) dies. Working Bondis are worth in the $75 range (i have a 233/256 MB RAM/20 GB HD/Panther one sitting here waiting for a home). Slot loads start at around $200 and go up from there to about $350 with Flower Power probably being the most valuable. eMacs start at about $450. (this is of course a moving target)

Talk about longevity -- and these things are still really useful -- Cal isn't there an indigo slot-load at your place?

dave

Dave, I think you're the only one with more working macs than me. That bit about getting them free was a tongue in cheek for you. You mentioned that you had quite a number at one time and I think we're beginning to see some of them in your pics. :D

Indigo? Is that another word for blue? If so, yes we still have a slot load 350 with a 7 gig drive and 320 RAM (originally 64) for email.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.