meow meow meow!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Cal Weldon said:
That bit about getting them free was a tongue in cheek for you. You mentioned that you had quite a number at one time

Speaking of which, i have 3 in the queue for disassembly, i'm happy to pass some along if you are willing to pay post.

Indigo? Is that another word for blue?

The dark blue ones...

dave

EC8010 said:
Aaaawww. Wow, what a pussycat! Confirms my theory that mackerel tabbies are the brightest.

And ginger males are the dumbest - I have had 3 of them, all beautiful affecionate critters with the combined intelligence of a rock. Ginger girls OTOH are quite the opposite. Here's Leroy, sitting on a cactus because he's too dumb to get off it..
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and Xena studying her classical music
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

M

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
I've never had a ginger cat, but I've had two female tortoiseshells (merciless hunters, both, and quite bright), two completely white males (thick as bricks), one tabby male (extremely bright and keen hunter), one tabby female (pretty bright), and one black female (serviceably bright). I see your cat is doing the usual thing of getting in the way of anything you might want to read. But as for sitting on a cactus...

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
... and some cat-food. At least they left it outside. I guess Fin brought a small alligator-like lizard into this house today. Ruth resucued it to live another day.

dave

Attachments

• cat-food.jpg
    cat-food.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 126
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Geek said:
I thought that was a myth?

No. And Cal is wrong too.

The orange gene sits on the X chromosome. A calico is caused by having an orange gene on one X chromosome & a not-orange gene on the other X chromosome. A male not having 2 X chromosomes is either orange or not orange.

It is possible to have an animal with XXY, but then the animal is a hermaprodite (not male as Cal supposes)

dave

I was extolling the virtues of Sonia's cat to someone on the weekend and after a brief description she said "well no wonder you like the thing it sounds like a Burmese". So after a moment of blank faced silence she went on to say that the Burmese is the cat for non cat lovers. So after returning home I googled the breed and wouldn't you know it, there was not only a picture of the little guy but a very accurate description.

So now I know that if you want a cat and there are those in the family less than thrilled with the idea, think Burmese. It surely changed my mind about the good for nothing, arrogant little bas.....

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Wee

Many years ago, I had a ground floor room in a student house, and one summer a Burmese used to hop through the open window every evening at about 11pm, ask for a bit of fuss, then sleep until about 6am before wandering off. One Saturday, it turned up mid-day but I was too busy to make a fuss of it. It hopped up onto the bed and wee'd on it. So much for Burmese...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.