John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
somewhat true for extreme projects but not entirely ---- you know from reputation and from history that a company does best work or not.... or should know. MIL qualified sources and experience with source before and their reputation as leader in a particular field ETC, narrows the odds a lot to making a mistake in choice. In private business (non government related) you can sole source also without huge paper work of justification etal. The development process and its over head is simplified as well.

Incoming inspection and sample inspection can keep it honest.

For a small business or start-up, with limited finances, relying on subs and expertise of well healed companies reduces your time to market and your T&M over head, R&D overhead and employee staffing etc etc. In other words, you can get to market fast, produce in growing numbers without growing the overhead substantially and is more profitable.

THx-RNMarsh

Richard, how the amp is going in Thailand, any progress so far?
BR Damir

Personally I dislike your post JC, greatly.

It seems abundantly clear that other people have very different experience than you.

- I can only imagine how other people view the legend JC saying "RUN AWAY, AT THE VERY LEAST YOU ARE TOO DUMB."

Here we have the grist of this problem/situation.

And I have seen this on quite a few occasions.

With quite a few different people.

YOU took this personal.

No one mentioned your name, but you.

This/my post is not about you, personally,

Yet about humanity, in general.

Let's at least, try to understand what is being said,

In the context being said,

instead of what any imagine is being said.

The context of this post?

Advancing the sota.

And,

The entirely of civilization.

Not kidding.

All of civilization.

Think big .....

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
All the vendors are too lean to have someone who has 40 years experience building with one's own hands, programming, testing. Instead, they typically have a physicist, an ME, an EE, a software guy, and some techs. As a result, it doesn't quite integrate well.

Jn

LLNL recognized that also..... So, I was the glue. The hub. The integrator. A Sr Project Coordinator who interfaced and pushed and pulled the groups of diverse people/disciplines to get it all together and working..... on time and within budget.

Without that additional broad person, it doesn't work well.

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
The MBAs all wrote this down, believed it and started doing it.

I was lucky every time I worked for someone who didn't get every nuance of what I was doing I got away with simply ignoring him. Our CEO knew who buttered the bread.

I have always said in any large organization there are positions that must be held at all costs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.