The Weather

Keep riding friend. Being outside is the best way to avoid a cold, no matter the weather. Inside is where you catch colds.

Thanks I will. Not much aside from actual snow covered asphalt stops me when I want to go. The rain talked me into grabbing a pair of icon over pants. When comfort isn't there thats the only time riding sucks. The concern is mostly the high ratio of drivers that forget how to operate vehicles every time it rains or snows.

Its true about colds when everyone is hiding inside congregating with the smorgasbord of different cold and flu bugs no thanks.

gee guys, "Canada" is a big country, with a huge range of micro-climates - hell it's often 5 or more dg C difference from Dave's well shaded place at the top of a hill, to my south-facing sundeck in Gordon Head.

and, hey you bike riding punks, get off my lawn ( 62 last December, so I guess I'm expected to be cranky from time to time :D)

Such a young spirit, active body & mind and unwrinkled complexion, hooda gest? '62 was a heck of a year, just ask the 'Tigers' born that year but if I look half as good as Chris when I turn 62 I think I'll reconsider my belief in miracles.

Hey old buddy, by December does that make you a Sagittarius like your ol' pal Cal? I guess you could be a Capricorn and if that's the case...

...stay on your own side of the ******* fence would ya?

Hmmm...being cranky feels not half bad. :D

gee guys, "Canada" is a big country, with a huge range of micro-climates - hell it's often 5 or more dg C difference from Dave's well shaded place at the top of a hill, to my south-facing sundeck in Gordon Head.

and, hey you bike riding punks, get off my lawn ( 62 last December, so I guess I'm expected to be cranky from time to time :D)

Say hello to jerry for me when you run into him he lives in Canada too.

To Igloo country (home of the Habs)?

Not that far north. We are going to the small town in West Virginia where my wife was born. She inherited a small house there, in town. We plan to stay there while we have a place built about a mile outside of town where I can make noise and build me a monster "man cave" in the basement.

I have been in South Florida all my life and have no desire to stay here. My daughter lives in Seattle, and I don't really want to go there, so I will try the "middle of nowhere" for my next home.

my south-facing sundeck in Gordon Head.

I like Victoria, although it's been about 40 years since I visited. I guess it's expensive to live there, which is the main reason for leaving Florida. Either way, I could never get my wife to go there.

You will miss the flip-flops. I know what I'm talking about.

We have been going there for 2 to 3 weeks every winter for the last 20 years. The locals think I'm nuts but unless there is heavy snow or high winds, I still wear a T-shirt and flip-flops. I found out the hard way that flip-flops on snow often leads to butt prints in the snow...especially if there is ice under the snow....common there since the snow will melt during the day, then the standing water will refreeze at night and be covered by fresh snow.

Were reaching highs this week for the year, 15 for later today and it will be climbing into the week. Its about time, it really is. We havent even been reaching our average since spring began, more like several degrees under it, as many as 10.

It is true about micro climates. If you put a triangle around toronto there are 3 major cities that often get vastly more snow then we do, that arent necessarily far. north west caladon area, south to niagra falls and north east out towards the ottawa area. Heck if you drive just 45 minutes to an hour north you can hit major snow belt areas and noticeably colder climbs. We get wholoped with snow now and then, but those areas always get it much worse than we do for as long as I can remember. We usually sit pretty comfortably in the middle of the chaos. Last winter was an exception, with the relentless colds and snow it broke all kinds of records apparently. I just hope some sort of trend isnt forming for later years. That would suck lol.

Im gona get ready to ride to work :D Good day all

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
We have been going there for 2 to 3 weeks every winter for the last 20 years. The locals think I'm nuts but unless there is heavy snow or high winds, I still wear a T-shirt and flip-flops. I found out the hard way that flip-flops on snow often leads to butt prints in the snow...especially if there is ice under the snow....common there since the snow will melt during the day, then the standing water will refreeze at night and be covered by fresh snow.

When you get out of the sauna you're ready for the frozen lake. My body thermostat gets ****ed up too but it only takes a couple of days to readjust itself. Who knows maybe your Scandinavian genes are showing up. Completely repressed in all those Florida years but now it's their chance to become handy, hehe.