Silly Questions and Answers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not to cause controversy, but if they act as a team, and are so far from each other, is not a too silly question.

Q: How many forum moderators does it take to change a light bulb ?

The only answers I can think of.

A: No one knows, but if you dare take the risk, use the triangle with red exclamation mark in the bottom left.
A: One to bring the burnt-out bulb to the attention of the others.
A: A conference of at least five to determine the wisest and most fair course of action.
A: Three to exchange a flurry of PMs regarding the burnt-out bulb, to ascertain that it can't somehow be mended.
A: Three more to field questions from the members about why the light bulb needed changing, and whether the new style is really the most effective.
A: One to point out that the light bulb has been banned, and we can all go back to what we were doing before...

:D

There is a thin line between being funny and being sarcastic, I hope I never pass it, at least at this section... :D

All moderators have always been nice to me, I have only to thank. :)

I like the last one. :up:

Me too.
Thanks for your good humor and understanding. ;)

+1 to offer to make a "Light Bulb" topic sticky. It is both peace of creative art, and of our forum history.

I am seriously, I mean it. :)

Hey Anatoliy, that's a good idea ! ;)

I have somewhere an old radio having a valve that consists in a single filament in the bulb. I do not know if it's a "light bulb", or a "light resistor", seriously.

A: Doesn't matter, the bulb is transferred to the Sin-bin, and members are momentarily in the dark (ages).

I've never been there, not yet, but keep it quiet... :D

I think popilin must be a mod on another site. :)

Do you mean something like "diyLightbulb.com" ? :D

Nah, I'm just a TV repairman. :)

Silly Theorem

i) Hypothesis

We assume that all quantities are finite and measurable

Uk = Total knowledge

Ok = Own knowledge

Oi = Own ignorance

Sk = Socrates constant

In an inertial reference frame, Sk ≈ 1, after all, Socrates just knew that he knew nothing.

ii) Thesis

Ok = (Uk - Oi) + Sk

iii) Demonstration

I do not know... :D

iv) Corollary 1

Socrates was almost ignorant. :D

v) Corollary 2

From (iii) it follows that I am less ignorant than Socrates. :cool:

vi) Corollary 3

If Ok < 0 It means you're a complete moron, you know less than Socrates. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.