Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry at Loricraft has one called Rosy. I take her for a walk sometimes. Very sensitive dogs and hyper intelligent. Must not be owned by nasty people as they will go mad. They need much love and lots of walking. Black and white Lassie.

You and I might work OK. I would simplify your stuff and you get me to be less lazy. We then could compete for who will build the most OTT PSU. I read the spec on one I did for someone. It's 50 Kg ! I didn't realize.

Lucky man!

Yes, I know they are considered to be the most intelligent dogs ever, and that they are sensitive. Stands to reason, this simply means they use their full potential and are thus more receptive of small clues other dogs miss out on.

I've been told by a professional dog breeder that the most intelligent dogs are thoroughbred Border Collies and, on occasion, mongrel dogs. At least, I have one such mongrel living next door. It's incredible how quickly he picks up clues and adjusts, and he loves to come visiting to my apartment. He runs over to my wife, says hello by licking her, and then spends the rest of his time lying on his back, paws in the air, enjoying being worshipped by me and having his tummy scratched. And it's true, I do love him dearly. He loves being loved and loves you right back. A joy to have around.

Unfortunately she started biting the ones that didn't behave.

Scott, I was told that Border Collies have not only the instinct, but a strong drive to herd. Therefore, they tend to be intolerant of those who do not behave as they think he should.

I've seen them at work first hand. Hard to believe what those dogs do. Their owner, a sheep herder, told me he wouldn't be able to do 20% of his work without those two Border Collies. Those two dogs fully control over 120 sheep all on their own. He's had them for five years now and since they arrived, he hasn't lost a single sheep no matter where they went.

It seems I inherited an instinct for animals from my late grandmother, who was able to make frinds with any dog she ever met inside of 5 minutes. Don't ask me how, she was pure Viennese, and for 7 centuries back, everybody was a city dweller. She was amazing and she did teach me a lot. It's not really hard, the base is that you have to learn how to think like a dog, to understand that what they may lack in pure intellect they at least in part make up for in instinct. They pick up clues faultlessly from out tone of voice, from our posture and general body language, from our sincerity when making contact with them. And they are literally 100% truthful about it, they don't hide their feelings. They sniff us out like they were scanners. You just won't get away with smiling at a dog while hating him inside, he'll know unless he's a very young puppy.

And I'll come clean: yes, my favorite TV show is Animal Planet's "Too cute", followed by "Dogs 101". Never miss them if I can help it.

Freud substitue au "Je pense donc je suis" de Descartes un autre positionnement du sujet : "Je pense où je ne suis pas, donc je suis où je ne pense pas" And I thought I said it. Nothing is new is it?

Cervantes same birthday as me and Mascagni's opera a favoutite. So, yes tilting at windmills works for me.

I was thinking about Italian company Ducati. For years they carried on on doing the right thing and no one gave a dam. Then they did. Then they paid to give a dam. Hi fi is the same.

Je suis rose , donc je suis SPAM ?

Je ne pense pas , donc je suis une femme . I doubt that will be allowed?

Last edited:
Last edited:
But the point is, Frank, yiou understand now why I'm in all this amp/preamp business just for fun.
Dejan, my pleasure is to extract convincing sound out of a setup, whatever it may be - the challenge is to hear the normal dog-eared, grubby sound, work out what the causes may be, and steadily resolve the issues one by one. Very satisfying to have a nominally nothing audio system finally deliver quality sound, that makes one derive real pleasure from the listening ...

I am in a minor way a theist. I came to that from observation and no Linn type selling organization . The one thing that would keep away from religion is received wisdom about humans being above other animals.

One thing I believe is that absolute involvement with something you make will transfer yourself into that machine. It survives your death as if children. For some these are the only children they will have. That's part of the same thing and I have no idea what it should be called. It is part of oneself given away . Some people even have ill health due to completing a life's work. Michael Gerzon certainly. I was told Michael had discovered something in maths and decided the world would abuse it. I might be being a bit imaginative but not much. It was maths and not his patents on digital.

I always speculated that rocks are primitive life. OK they don't move but when slightly changed become soil ( the minerals and sand structure matters as mush as organic decomposition and nitrogen from the air fixed in the plants or electrical storms ). Soil becomes plants and the rest we know. Soil did not exist at first . When people say organic I like them marvel at it. To say it is critical is not good science. It is easier and that is certain. I spent my early life as a by accident organic farmer. To be honest it took years to sink in what I had learned. I have no passion for gardening. Give me a field and it all changes. My theism is about life and how it is organized. If you like the numbers are the deity. Good hi fi is a life-form. I like it to be simple. I am sincere in that and doubt any will understand what I mean as something between a true life-form and metaphor. The thing to note is between. I guess passion says it. But can passion be preserved? Obviously it can as art museums prove.

To give an insight. Most people have no idea what soil is. That makes them poor scientists. They are making choices without knowing the basics. 80 % of the world is eating oil ( organics will feed 1 000 000 000 ). That will soon end. The best thing to do is limit everyone to 2 children. This would slowly reduce the population. I don't give a fig about global warming. It's happening and won't stop. Eating oil I do care about. The world needs about > 2 000 000 000 people to be a complete industrial society as my best guess. We need to make time to find solutions. Coal will help and we must use it. It probably can't sustain > 3 000 000 000 people. The weird thing is this would cause no hardship for anyone. The problems in Africa say the time to change is now. The people eat meat they shouldn't and look what happens. HIV might have come from this root also. Eating undercooked Bush meat will do it. Would you believe Bush meat is often confiscated at airports. The poor darlings relations miss eating primates.

Children playing in soil boosts immunity. Almost no pathogens exist in the soil . The body reacts to the billions of bacteria in soil as if they were pathogens. This tunes up the immune system. It seems it is the same time as learning nearly everything when it works best. I had to tell a doctor off about this and eat a raw mushroom to prove the point as I told her . He poor child was always spotless. She knew and she still over reacted. She laughed and said " oh yes I know but ".

I thought you said your dog did not bite!

His dog only sniffs out and bites the subjectivists. :D :D :D

BTW, eating oil is actually healhty, so long as it's olive oil. And washing it down with red wine, which breaks up what's left of saturated fats in it, which is very little to start with. Check out the Mediterranean basin, heart problems, digestion problems and excess weight are extremely rare, they define the low limits of the average. Even in Italy, where meat products are extremely numerous and popular, such as prosicuto (sp?), where pasta is made in uncountable numbers, but it's all on olive oil, and washed down with wine.

My wife explained to me that pork meat contains a strain of fats which are not to be found anywhere else in any meaningful quantity, yet are of vital importance to our organism if taken judiciously, meaning like 2 or 3 times a month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.