The toast thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ok jacco - you cannot have this then Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast.

Ingredients

* 1 egg
* 1 dash vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
* 2 slices bread
* 1 small banana, sliced
* 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

1. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg and vanilla together.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on top of each slice of bread. Place the banana slices on top of one of the slices of bread. Place the other slice of bread on top of the first, to make a peanut butter and banana sandwich.
3. In a skillet or frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture and place in the heated skillet. Cook until brown on both sides. Serve hot.

I have found toast recipe heaven!!!
http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=toast&SortBy=Rating&Direction=Descending&Page=1

Attachments

• Peanutbutter and Banana Toast.jpg
    Peanutbutter and Banana Toast.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
The inhabitants of Britain and the NA continent know about bread as much as they know about beer...
Whoa not so fast. My mom is 2nd generation South Texas "squarehead." It's definitely German homemade bread, not some recipe from the side of a Bisquik box. I also prefer my beer to be made in accordance with the Reinheitsgebot. I will drink a Coors Light... if I'm thirsty and it's free.:)

if I'm thirsty and it's free

I have to always abandon my conscience when I get offered free Molson Canadian, Old Style or some other such brew... for myself and guests I buy Heineken, Warsteiner or my all time favourite: Pilsener Urquell, a beer lovers beer if there ever was one.

That in combination with a nice bratwurst and sauerkraut, a slice of heavy rye bread with some Loewensenf and heaven cannot compete as it only promises but the delivery is uncertain...ahh, that is the only good thing about a visit back to Germany. Otherwise I do not miss it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.