The food thread

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Very nice. Simple, romantic and it's over in a flash so you can get on with more important things, nudge nudge, wink wink.

Wahoo, the kids are away! :smash:

Indeed.

We rarely drink any more and the wine certainly had full effect with respect to mutual desire. We had the house to ourselves. Everything was going our way...

... tonight I am not going to drink. It's my turn. :D

Mmm... pickled eggs. Heavy on the pickled. A lot like me. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 91
Special deal on chicken legs.

Yellow: Turmeric, ginger and onion for Sous vide or steaming
Red: Roast pork oriental style
Brown: Demerara and garlic
Black: Soya based bbq kind of...

Salt and sugar added where required.

Little lion wants to know what time dinner is.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 83
Never seen any house with two kitchens :confused:

My g/f's ex mother-in-law's house has 3, 2 inside and 1 fully-equiped outdoor kitchen.
(belongs to the bridge clique on Curaçao, which included throwing cocktail parties several times a week)

When they had the house built some 40 years ago, water-front property was the cheapest, only poor people lived there.
Now, property with access to the water in that larger area starts at $1000 per square meter. If there's still a (rundown) house on it, $1500/sqm.
The wider the access to the water, the more price goes up. A large villa on a 1000 square meter poperty, 40 meters wide at the water, does $3000 (unrenovated). Hers is one of the two hottest locations.

I take it you do not drive to your finca in the weekends. :clown:

(Aussie black is excellent stuff, does $1.25 per gram here at the moment)

When they had the house built some 40 years ago, water-front property was the cheapest, only poor people lived there.
Now, property with access to the water in that larger area starts at $1000 per square meter. If there's still a (rundown) house on it, $1500/sqm.

No waterfront here, one of my neighbors sold his 7000 sq ft lot (~650 sq meter) + house as a teardown for 1.4 million. It used to abut the town dump which the city used to build subsidized housing in the 70's (which is still there). Ironically a lot of the families are from the Caribbean and I here Creole and Patois walking down the street all the time.

$200 per square foot, who would have believed it 40 years ago.
This place we live on continues to amuse.

Pending the Euro crash tomorrow, we had chili with rice and mini corn tortillas (I do those with a chapati press and plastic wrap).
Pound of leftover boeuf bourguignon including stock, sausages I made myself, a pound of grilled red bell peppers, turned out all I had on the shelf were Lima beans.

(apparently good enough for the two online gamers to finish the remainder in front of their laptops around 10pm)

Scott - what would the market leveling price be in Milwaukee?

Built residential property in 07078 is ~$500/sf vs ~$140/sf in 44122.

Zillow lists NONE for my moms zip, about right, certainly <$100. It is really silly here for some reason Zillow lists 3br. at $753 here. My wife and I are waiting for the Olympics to fleece someone on two weeks rent (you could walk to some of the proposed venues from here).