The food thread

Stands to reason that Ho-Ho-Ho has a different meaning around Xmas time in HK/Macau.

(think I settle for black truffle salami with parmesan, a dash of white truffle oil, and comfy shoes around june)

Attachments

• Frugal.JPG
    Frugal.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 73
Stands to reason that Ho-Ho-Ho has a different meaning around Xmas time in HK/Macau.

(think I settle for black truffle salami with parmesan, a dash of white truffle oil, and comfy shoes around june)

I would try that even though I'm not much of a sausage man. I forgot the male Yankee uniform, topsiders with no socks, black turtle neck, with thick corduroy pants in olive drab and blazer in tan (patches on elbows required). Glasses always at the end of the nose. If formality is required a bow tie a la Chris Kimball (a friend's daughter is/was his web meister, of course he is an a$$hole).

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Chris Kimball (a friend's daughter is/was his web meister, of course he is an a$$hole).

and he seems so nice and affable. I receive his blogs. Such a nice guy, right? :rolleyes:

I volunteered for a Jerry Lewis Telethon one time while in high school. The local weatherman hosted the event locally and he was such a great guy. Well, that is, until I found out what he was really like once the cameras went dead....:mad:

I would say most chefs have an ego problem.

Well Todd English definately, but the food did not back it up. I have known personally those from both sides of the camp. The worst felt huge fame and financial success was almost an entitlement. I spent way too much of my youth supporting restaurant startups only to be ignored when the customer base finally had more "important" diners. Actually had two say (or imply) we don't need people like you anymore. One's daughther actually apologized many years later after her father had passed away.

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Wow, his bio says he's from Amarillo, TX. I would never have thought he was from TX.

My aunt was hostess at Fonda San Miguel here in Austin and known for its interior Mexican cuisine. One of the key points was that she made every customer feel like family and she was well loved by the common man as well as the celebrity and politician. ZZ Top had dinner one night and fell in love with her. They sent her some CDs and an autographed photo just after dinner. She had no clue who they were but she said she had a nice talk with them. :)