John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's assuming you use the same SPACING for each, which is not likely for a PRACTICAL twisted pair vs. a coax, for example.

But comparing twisted pair to coax is going back to apples vs oranges once again. Coax to some degree also gets cancellation of fields, assuming that the construction is indeed perfectly axisymmetric (which is never is in practice of course).

But since, as usual, you HAVE to have the last word, you can make up another scenario and argue with yourself.

Irony meter off scale - you invented the above scenario with coax, Steve was confining his statements to only twisted and paralleled pairs :D

I have a friend (whos ears I trust very much)
(way more than mine)
He says right angle traces sound bad because
of the "lack of smoothness" brought on by the
electrons changing direction so abruptly.

And this is just the sort of thing one would come up with who had little more than a sixth grade science class understanding of conduction in metals.

Amazing how things sound better even though reason given for it is so off base.

se

What do you mean ? Of cause i am crazy, why else should i try to feed my family with audio work. What i ment is to make the feedback resistor to ground parallel with the fedback resistor from output to the minus input the same as the cart. impedance.
Say, the cart, has 40 Ohms like he DL103 then the feedback resistor to groud whould be a bit over 40 Ohm parallel to the other resistor so in total they have 40 Ohm. Say we need a gain of 40dB ( when we use passive 75usec the way i have drawn the block diagram ) the resistors whould be a bit over 40 Ohm and 4 kOhm aproximately. We loose 20dB at 20kHz because of the passive RIAA so we end up with 20 dB at 1kHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.