John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prof. Curl..

Your seminar is now way out of control. Exercise some authority please, as it is unlikely to revert to its purpose without intervention.

To start, do you want us to (blindly) follow your experience and reasoning in the name of education or do you welcome some fresh - experience wrought - alternative contributions which may give greater insight into what is now possible so that all may learn? Or do we stay with the old text-books? I am sure that a really good eventual pre-amp may evolve either way, but always remember that a camel is a horse designed by committee.

Why not start by restating the purpose of this section of your thread?

Happy Christmas all.:)

How do the ears fabricate the garbage physics? A little reading up on conduction in metals would help.

Scott,

Of course it is nonsense, but where some should know better, I prefer not to singe newbies.

After all I know Santa is real I've heard reindeer on the roof, and had to clean the mess in the yard. Don't tell me it is the neighbors dog, it would ruin my day.

John,

Just in case you can't tell it is time to be drinking eggnog or better east of you.

ES

For Brianco: What I hoped for was to DEFINE what direction we intended to take. For example: single ended input, 2 stage, IC based design for both MC and MM phono cartridges, single ended or balanced output, optional.
Then we could discuss INPUT LOADING.
Then NOISE increase over the cartridge, itself.
Then different EQ approaches including: All passive, passive active, and active active.
Then different low noise and medium noise IC's, slew rate considerations, xover distortion, loading, etc.
This was on my mind, but I just could not get started. Please remember that a certain proportion of my responses are censored, and I have NO control over any insults or insinuations about my character, and I cannot either respond in kind, or complain to anyone else. That is the situation as I know it. Please give me further information, if possible, so that I can go forward.

For Brianco: What I hoped for was to DEFINE what direction we intended to take. For example: single ended input, 2 stage, IC based design for both MC and MM phono cartridges, single ended or balanced output, optional.
Then we could discuss INPUT LOADING.
Then NOISE increase over the cartridge, itself.
Then different EQ approaches including: All passive, passive active, and active active.
Then different low noise and medium noise IC's, slew rate considerations, xover distortion, loading, etc.
This was on my mind, but I just could not get started. Please remember that a certain proportion of my responses are censored, and I have NO control over any insults or insinuations about my character, and I cannot either respond in kind, or complain to anyone else. That is the situation as I know it. Please give me further information, if possible, so that I can go forward.

Thank you for that John, I had not realized that you were considered to be such a bete noir that you needed constant penal surveillance! Seems to put you in the same wing as the Silence of the Lambs guy.:D

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/p...el/&cardNum=/product/full/ap/3166187/graphic1

Last edited:
> the stupid nonsense reasons have no basis in any reality

Shades of passe' Newtonian mechanics, but that's O.K.
It's difficult to apply technology beyond that, however
manifestations of a further, deeper, reality are visible
(and audible) to those who open their minds.
Let's leave it at that though, because you are right in
that it has been debated ad-naseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.