John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
In that case could you provide a translation/explanation of this (for example):

It isn't an English sentence, although it uses English words and ends with a period.

Yes. It ends with a period. It also starts after the period of the previous sentence. Which sentence made the point that most often than not, it is our mode of thinking that limits our ability to approach a certain problem successfully .

The sentence you have problem with: In this, KBK objects to the validity of the linear model of human thinking.
He considers this model one legged (weak, incomplete) and external (not having to do with the actual-internal- way of thinking)
See third paragraph on the same post.

KBK post was written in the old style way, meant to be read from top to bottom, not vice versa and requiring some consideration while reading. We may object to it , as we are accustomed to technical documents (read fast, look for key phrases, jump to points of interest ect)

KBK makes sense to me, but why here?

You may have overlooked this

It is rather more of a periodic reminder that the thing one cannot find is either not in a recognized shape or it is not in the field that is being interviewed.

George

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Scott
Mind the link on your signature (blog on cosmetic beauty, nothing to do with spirituality. It is a problem overlooked at that site overthere)
Who is in your latest avatar?

George

>Edit Oops. I see the problem happens here too. What the ****? I type the word "beauty" and it turns into that link. Is my laptop inflicted?

Last edited:

Attachments

• kp.jpg
    kp.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 229
Hi,

How about 6N2P-EV?

It's not a mosfet, but probably a better choice as error amp.

Personally I like to cascode TL431 with "Monster Fets"...

Even if to use a tube that specified for needed voltage (6Н2П specified for 300V max) it needs time to heat up filament. I need to make a supply with positive feedback by current that waits for tubes to heat up before bringing up B+, something like this one:

bc348bplus.jpg

TL431 with depletion mode MOSFET is the logical way to go. I need -120 and +400 outputs.

Even if to use a tube that specified for needed voltage (6Н2П specified for 300V max) it needs time to heat up filament. I need to make a supply with positive feedback by current that waits for tubes to heat up before bringing up B+, something like this one:

bc348bplus.jpg

TL431 with depletion mode MOSFET is the logical way to go. I need -120 and +400 outputs.

In that circuit, there will be micro shifting of current and voltage values in the bias voltage/current. This will create a secondary source of distortion that is unnecessarily generated, which would not be the case if the bias voltage generation was more, shall we say..isolated. The levels may be minor, but since we hear through the relation of the micro differences in timing and value of transients, there will be an audible difference between either methodology or thinking expressed as a circuit.

Our ear/brain cares not about the other 90% of the signal.... and derives all intelligence in the signal from the maximum 10% of the whole....that is transient peak and timing differentials. Therefore the micro aspects of transient relation are everything...... and the rest is moot. The other 90% needs to be there, in order to have that less than 10% of the signal that is the transient peaking and timing be expressed correctly but when evaluating the audible and audiophile aspects, it is near meaningless, and that 10% is indeed the whole signal and message in the music. therefore all micro distortions become everything, as those micro distortions affect peak transient values and timing differentials.

Our capacity to hear picoseconds of jitter, across a very wide bandwidth, illustrates this point to 100% clarity, if one spends the time required to investigate.

Audiophiles are not crazy, but that linear weighting of audio signals, in analysis, is the incorrect component, it is the part that is in error... in the system of analysis and measurement correlation.... for this is emphatically not the way the ear works.

Please relax, that -120 will not supply bias directly, it will supply CSS-es that load cathode followers. Plus, the whole thingy will draw almost constant current working in class A. Almost no negative feedback through power supply from anode of outut tube to it's first grid that you call source of distortions. :)
Caring too much about insignificant things is the way to design fat elefants on mosquito legs.

Last edited:
I did not say that Russian is poetry. I said that Russian poetry sounds more like poetry than English poetry I heard.

My comment came from a quote from someone, that I once read, which is that Russian is the perfect language to express paranoia -in. :) This made me laugh out loud. (makes perfect sense, I thought)

This naturally falls to the idea that a bit of saccharine melancholy might be in the core of Russian poetry, that stoic resolve to get past the hardships and the issues that surround the past few hundred years of 'life as expression', in Russia. (Ie that everywhere there are problems... and Russia, like other places, has it's own unique flavor)

Hi,

My comment came from a quote from someone, that I once read, which is that Russian is the perfect language to express paranoia -in.

Well, for a long time Russia has been perfect place where to experience paranoia -in, so no wonder the language allows it expression superbly. It even has extra grammatical structures to allow for it.

German on the other hand is an incredibly precise language, allowing almost surgical precision of expression, so it be made absolutely clear what one is saying. This extends into poetry and rhymes.

I often get the feeling Orwell's "Newspeak" is actually modern English, where not just a few words have been censored, but whole groups of words which are distinct in other languages and allow precise expression have all been replaced by one word, particularly ill defined, the true meaning of which needs constant guessing and requires acts of doublethink. A very frustrating experience, which is perhaps why I find english the perfect language to express frustration -in...

Ciao T

See here: History of the English language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .
I find it amusing that as an Israeli and Jew I'm suspected as being given to Nazi propaganda.

So what? Nazi has nothing to do with Germans particularly, it is mis-behaviour of people of any nationality who decide they are better then others just because they belong to their own nationality. For example, recently one lady from Poland called me "Traitor" after I said that my last name is Lisovskiy (Lisowsky originally). Polish nationalists still believe that people who are from noble ancestors are obliged to be leaders of nacionalists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.