John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
KBK, you just wrote poetry (as defined by cliffforest). Probably. At least the 'incomprehensible' part applies.

So, anything incomprehensive equates to poetry?
Father, forgive them. For they are just engineers :D

If the negative attitude toward poetry is due to previous unhappy encounter, why give-up? There is poetry and there is poetry. (From an ages old similitude: “Neither art nor wisdom can be acquired without preparatory learning” I would add intellectual satisfaction to these two).:)

I am too low down to address physic’s circularity, but I don’t find anything worth accusation ('incomprehensible') on KBK’s last post.

George

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Thanks a lot, this one will fit! ;)

I've used ZVN0545A parts, although they are only 450V. I see Zetex (now part of Diodes Inc.) also makes the BSS127S, a 600V part, but it won't like a lot of dissipation. If it's a series regulator pass device and doesn't have a prolonged short on the output it might be o.k. These are enhancement mode devices. Capacitances are decently low.

gpapag said:
I don’t find anything worth accusation ('incomprehensible') on KBK’s last post.
In that case could you provide a translation/explanation of this (for example):
KBK said:
That using the one leg of externalized linearity in thinking will find one hobbled before they even begin.
It isn't an English sentence, although it uses English words and ends with a period.

I've used ZVN0545A parts, although they are only 450V. I see Zetex (now part of Diodes Inc.) also makes the BSS127S, a 600V part, but it won't like a lot of dissipation. If it's a series regulator pass device and doesn't have a prolonged short on the output it might be o.k. These are enhancement mode devices. Capacitances are decently low.

No, series pass device will be a real grow up MOSFET. I needed something to control it. :)

Thank you Brad for nicknames! ;)
I forgot to check Zetex, though I like their transistors.

However, I ordered already hundred of IXYS parts from Mouser. Chinese comrades on epay sell them 5-8 times more expensive! :eek:

It isn't an English sentence, although it uses English words and ends with a period.

It is English but it is coded in the context of English as a native language. Like Wavebourn says, Russian can be poetry. But it is best to be paranoid (with a bit of saccharine melancholy) with regard to reaching full understanding of Russian poetry.

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
No, series pass device will be a real grow up MOSFET. I needed something to control it. :)

Thank you Brad for nicknames! ;)
I forgot to check Zetex, though I like their transistors.

However, I ordered already hundred of IXYS parts from Mouser. Chinese comrades on epay sell them 5-8 times more expensive! :eek:

I like those IXYS parts from the looks of the datasheet, and the prices are reasonable. If it were going to be a mission-critical part I'd feel more comfortable with them than the teeny Zetex (I did manage to blow up a few of the latter, which is something that rarely happens).

It is English but it is coded in the context of English as a native language. Like Wavebourn says, Russian can be poetry. But it is best to be paranoid (with a bit of saccharine melancholy) with regard to reaching full understanding of Russian poetry.

I did not say that Russian is poetry. I said that Russian poetry sounds more like poetry than English poetry I heard.

Originally Posted by KBK
That using the one leg of externalized linearity in thinking will find one hobbled before they even begin.

'...using the left brain mode of analysis, language and narrow focus exclusively will hobble a person because he can not utilize the right brain mode of big picture, synthesis...'

It fits well with the most up to date findings in psychology. The two modes are exclusive. When one operates in consciousness the other can not. (The two modes of conscious thought have to be able to consider what the other has presented to it. They don't always do this).

KBK's prose is very compressed sometimes.:cool:

KBK makes sense to me, but why here?

Staying within the spirit of opinion...probably due to not having much of use to say right now.

If it gets to the point where my pokes and prods have no effect, then that's a good thing, IMO.

BTW, the other aspect of that 'trick' I showed you a while back.. I tried it on a paralleled fet input on a phono preamp (3x 2sk170). It darned well fixed their wagons....

I told you it would work anywhere and achieve the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.