• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DCT Stepped Attenuator Switch 30 Step

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pics and Torque

Hi Dhaen,

I'm in the NE UK I thought I was the only local dabbler in the black arts! just taken a pic but its so bad I'm actually going to read the Camera instruction book. As for the stiffness, its stiffer than an ELMA but I just tried it with a 22mm Knob fitted without problem, if you're local, come and have a twiddle! e-mail me.
Will Post nice pic ASAP.

Mozfet

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
JOHN

Hi,

Sorry for interfering,but I think what MOZFET means is that by using a wider then standard diameter knob the friction of the rotaries becomes less noticeable.

If it doesn't have a spring loaded mechanism that you can remove you can still smear the contacts with something like Electrolube.
(this also slows down oxidition and gives continues cleaning)

When new these big rotaries tend to be rather stiff to rotate.
Once in the preamp,just give'em a good dozen of turns and things get better.

Cheers G&T,;)

Knobs to you!

Hi John,

what I meant was that with a 22mm diameter Knob fitted to the switch it was easy (but firm) to operate, as you increase the diameter of the knob it will get easier to operate, due to the greater mechanical advantage of the 'lever' in the larger diameter knob. Pics on its way.

Mozfet

Does size matter?

Mozfet & Frank,

22mm: I thought that was what was meant, but calrification is required before releasing the "readys"......

Any chance of a piccie? I couldn't find one on site.
I've cleared my POP in-box specially!

It's probably better to upload something like that later if you have a slow connection.

Merlot,,,,,, delicious,,,,,,,

Sheer Work of Art

Yes its really a nice piece of work, I prefer these to the Shallco and ELMA and a few other things I forget the name of, I think the ELMA is pretty poor in comparison, but if the ELMA's the only thing you've seen it looks pretty good, I've used a few of these in the past, but due to my Divorce (which is currently in progress) I need to disolve all my 'parts assets' hence the various bits and pieces, I've just found a couple of other thigs as well!!

Regards Mozfet :D

Australian Only Please Mate!

Sorry Cobber but the only Vino I consume these days is from down under, far superior to anything else I've tried (recommendations very welcome however!) my Fave is Penfolds Koonunga Hill, a very nice Shiraz.

I make it 6mm, but whats 0.35mm between chums!

Mozfet (margin of error 0.35mm)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.