• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free DSD Download - Well almost... 0.10$

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
150MB - 300MB and it is a painfully slow process for me to download them at an average of 100KB/sec - fortunately I have a week to do it.

Maybe your ISP sucks? I am using one of the cheapest DSL services from AT&T which does suck. It takes me 2 hours to upload my web site (I know it's asymetrical), but these songs take 2 to 5 minutes each. Thanks to AT&T I have had to download two out of five twice due to file corruption. They wouldn't unzip.

So far nothing that I have will play them. I downloaded MC17 but haven't installed it yet. I use Windows Media Center for my DVR. MC17 has the same functions but it is not clear if they will coexist, or if MC17 will play my recorded TV. MC17 might wait for the new PC I am building.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, my ISP sucks, speed has dropped steadily from just over 300KB/sec to an average of less than 100KB/sec (800Kbits), but once in a while I still get 300K and above which tells me it is probably the local backbone that is at least partly to blame. FIOS is not an option here thanks to some apparently very crooked dealings between comcrap and a previous city administration. I plan to talk to our ISP in the very near future about just how unhappy we are with their performance. We have the highest speed option they offer, it's not working well to put it nicely. Not cheap either.

I assume you have cable because to achieve those speeds implies 1MB/sec minimum which is 8Mb service - much faster than anything offered around here on DSL. (Despite the claims) Price of ancient infrastructure I guess. We have satellite service because comcrap infrastructure is not that reliable here and the analog cable package also cost more than >360 channels on Directv.

We have Xfinity at the house in West Virginia. We are at the end of the wire on the outskirts of town. Even there the internet speed just blows away what I get here. Xfinity costs about $40/ month less there than the exact same service does here.

AT&T has been sending me notices that they will be discontinuing their DSL and regular home phone service in my area. I "must migrate to U-verse". So which evil conglomerate do I give my money to. Both have been in the top ten "worst companies" list for several years now.

I downloaded Foobar2000 and foo_input_dsdiff. The combo plays this stuff just fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.