ICEPOWER ICE MODULE 1000ASP 1000-ASP - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th December 2010, 11:42 PM   #1
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

Default ICEPOWER ICE MODULE 1000ASP 1000-ASP

Have access to a load of these. Let me know if you are interested via PM. Looking for $350 each or $690 for a pair plus shipping. International is fine.
Shipping in US will be USPS FLAT RATE
Shipping to Canada will be USPS FLAT RATE
Shipping international will be USPS INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS which is not very cheap.
Old 20th December 2010, 11:50 PM   #2
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

http://www.icepower.bang-olufsen.com...wer1000asp.pdf

Is it true it's got an AC 110/230 direct power supply on board?

These would make fairly psychotic bass amps.
Salas Boards 2014 #2 SHIPPING |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 20th December 2010, 11:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

The guy I am buying them from told me a story about shipping one overseas and having it burn because they put 230 into it. I believe he said he forgot to switch it over. I am positive about the 110 being available and if someone is interested in 230 I will shoot over to his place and take a look to see if they can be switched to 230 for sure.
Mike, these are frankly awesome amps. He has them in his home and I listen frequently over there. Blown away that ClassD can sound like this. We have had them clip and go into protection mode..... LOL that was one loud night.
However dont let the ClassD thingy fool you. These are audiophile quality amps and used in a LOT of the high end amps. Mark Levinson, PS Audio, Wyred 4 Sound, Meridian, NewClear (NuClear?). I am very jealous of his set up. The sound is fantastic.
Uriah
Old 21st December 2010, 01:13 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Yes they can be switched between 115 and 230 VAC. As far as I can see, all one has to do is install the right fuse in one of two possible orientations in the fuse holder. Mine came with the fuse placed for 230 VAC. There is a manual online: icepower1000aspdata

Here's an excerpt from this manual, page 22: "The ICEpower1000ASP is fitted with the fuse suitable for 230V use (and with the voltage selector set to 230V) on delivery as this is the safest setup for protecting the module for global use. To use the ICEpower1000ASP in 100V/115V areas, please replace the factory mounted fuse with appropriate type for 115V mains and mount the fuse in the 115V position as indicated on the board."

I have not tried them yet.

Pierre
Old 21st December 2010, 01:27 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Nice find Pierre. Thanks a lot.
Uriah
Old 21st December 2010, 03:00 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Do you have access to the wiring harness as well?

If not do you have any idea what the fittings are required so that you could buy them from someone like Digikey or Mouser.

By the way Udaily's Liter Note is an awesome kit.

Joel
Old 21st December 2010, 03:22 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Connector types are given on page 4 of the manual.

Pierre
Old 21st December 2010, 03:28 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

I believe I do. I will try to ask him tomorrow and will see if he intended that to be included in the price he quoted me.
Hey thanks for the compliments on the kit I sell. I sure do appreciate it and I love the sound of it in my own system. Glad to see you are satisfied
Old 21st December 2010, 09:18 AM   #9
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

I assume these are mono & you need two for stereo?
Old 21st December 2010, 12:37 PM   #10
john65b is offline john65b  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes, mono, two for stereo.

I don't know if many know this, but the input impedance of the 1000ASP is only 10k, so preamp selection is limited. Should be no problem with SS pre. And they can be wired for Single ended or balanced input.

I have a pair wired for balanced input and running my Maggie Typanis IVa bass panels and they are fantastic - a match made in heaven. Nothing like the feeling of your internal organs resonating to bass lines.

Although I prefer the mids/high of my Krell KSA clone. But don't get me wrong, these 1000ASP can do full range.

Hide this!Advertise here!