• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Poor Serbian Man Lightspeed packages

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
so - details are here : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1751574#post1751574

"A" package : PCB01 + PCB02 + 2 matched quartets of Silonex LDRs
that's for stereo balanced configuration .
price for package - 105 Euro , worldwide shipping
and greedy Serbian Customs included

"B" package : PCB01 + PCB02 + 2 matched pairs of Silonex LDRs ;
that's for stereo unbalanced configuration .
price for package - 85 Euro ,worldwide shipping and
greedy Serbian Customs included

optionally - 4 matched 2SK170bl/2SJ74bl pairs - 15 Euro ;

there will be PCB02 iteration for dirt cheap J310 based buffers , but not yet ......

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
TO BEEAMP ........ or not to BEEAMP ?

re-post from PSM LS thread :

:rofl:

Guiness just asked interesting question - is it possible to use PSM LS + Buff in B2 manner ........

interesting question - even if I have thoughts about that possibility - I didn't expected that anyone can be interested ........

OK - Lego time .........

if you use PSM in unbalanced mode ( just 2 + 2 LDRs) , you can feed in parallel 2 + 2 buffers ( 2/channel) , introducing fixed attenuator ( two resistors ) between PSM and 2 of them ;

in that manner you'll have unbalanced PSM , with one stereo full throttle buffered out , and one stereo attenuated buffered out .

if you use PSM in balanced mode ( 4+4 LDRs ) and you need two sets of balanced outs , you must use two buffer pcbs ...... having 4+4 buffers ; 4 will be full throttle ( stereo balanced buffered out) and 4 will be fixed attenuated ( stereo balanced attenuated buffered out) .

in each case - you can set desired level of attenuation with any crappy pot between PSM and buffer stage , and later exchange it to set pair of resistors per leg .

I feel like I'm 5 yr young again ....... Lego is funnnnn :rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Lego ....... continued

again repost from PSM LS thread :

besides answer to Guiness - that is possible to use 4 channel buffer PCB02 as two stereo output buffers ( where one pair can be attenuated from various reasons ) .... there is another one :

Ulf asked - if using entire gadget in unbalanced - is it possible to use one pair of buffers as input buffers ?

yup - certainly - it's possible , either as buffer dedicated solely to one critical source ( read - with highish output impedance ) , or as general buffer - before LS stage itself .

something as G. Rollins's recent posting ...... somewhere in his threads.

tms0425 said:

That's what I was thinking, just trying to figure out details. So do you need two of the current sources for the balanced, and one control?

I'm pretty sure that's correct. I'm still running things through my head to implement my B1, MyRef, Darwin source selector, pseudo-lightspeed and Paul's VCCS in my project.

I'd also like to build an LCD to display my selected source but then I also need to learn PIC programming. :xeye:

Hello, Goodness i am excited. I would like to buy the PSM LS for a balanced configuration please, but your email failed.

I have some questions.

The Amp i am building is Peter Daniels Patek - Gain clone. Input impedance of 10k

Do i need the buffer pcb?

How do i configure it, does the PCB come with instructions?

Do I need two separate transformers - one for the LS and one for the buffer? the input voltages are different right? LS is 18v and the buffer 12v?

If i was to use the Twisted Pair Darwin relay selector is there any other work i need to do or can i just wire it up and go??

Or would you scrap that idea and use a good quality selector? (if you were doing it what would you do?)

Thanks.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
nobu said:
Hello, Goodness i am excited. I would like to buy the PSM LS for a balanced configuration please, but your email failed.

I have some questions.

* The Amp i am building is Peter Daniels Patek - Gain clone. Input impedance of 10k

Do i need the buffer pcb?

** How do i configure it, does the PCB come with instructions?

*** Do I need two separate transformers - one for the LS and one for the buffer? the input voltages are different right? LS is 18v and the buffer 12v?

**** If i was to use the Twisted Pair Darwin relay selector is there any other work i need to do or can i just wire it up and go??

Or would you scrap that idea and use a good quality selector? (if you were doing it what would you do?)

Thanks.

well - I'm almost back in saddle ( discus hernia ... in fact - date of manufacture ;) ) ..... so I'll send all already promised goodies in few days .....

regarding your questions , I'm lazy for multiquote , so just look where I put little stars in quote of your post :

* yup ; you don't need buffer after any Lightspeed iteration just in case of amp input impedance greater than , say, 75K

** Cook Book is almost finished ; not much sitting in front of PC lately ... and I don't have need for laptop ..... (having 4+ PCs )

*** nope ; one small xformer will suffice

**** small relays near inputs are way to go , in any case ; what you are using for controlling them is your choice ;
I don't need remote control neither for selector or volume itself ..... so plain drek selector for powering/choosing relays is good for me ;
in any case - Twisted gadgets are always more than convenient ....

regarding e-mail thingie - you can always reach me via board e-mail button , or at >sasica5@gmail.com<

HI Zen Mod
I my frends have little vol problem, pre /amp tube plus plate amp ,the plate is SS with 10k drop too much signal from tube pre , with the plate connect direct to cd no problem , but .......

two LDR direct for tube and two with buffer for the plate ?
the tube amp input is 50k

best

Manu

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi,
I have been reading about using LDR's and like the method you are using to drive them.:D
Are the boards still available? What is the cost of an extra buffer board?
Thanks,

Bill

yes - packages are still available

extra bare buffer board - 12E

HI Zen Mod
two LDR direct for tube and two with buffer for the plate ?
the tube amp input is 50k

best

Manu

yes ;

either like that , or - if you are going strictly unbalanced - you can route pre-buffer to tube , and post buffer to plate amp - so you'll need just unbalanced set of LDRs (two pairs)

I presume that you have additional gain/volume control on plate amp ?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.