• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Funky Heatsinks for F5 for sale or trade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
npapp said:
Mike,
I am interested in a pair, however I would like to run them flat with fins up as the top panel for an f5 clone case. do you think they will shed enough heat in this layout? Nick

Hi Nick, That method is less ineffiecient than side mount (normal?) method, by my test ran them that way upside down, to see how well they would do. Upside down and horizontal, The base plate got to 50 degrees cel. around the two fets (within a few inches), and 47 degrees cel. elsewhere. That's over 5 hours of being on. The bias remained quite stable once set for hours. This was in a 73 degree room. I think you'll be fine, but I can't guarantee that.

In my F4 (which used different sinks) I thermal epoxied extra CPU heatsinksaround the PCB to help. I can send you some of those as well to play with. I have plenty of used surplus little heatsinks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.