• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Funky Heatsinks for F5 for sale or trade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
13.5" = ~ 342mm
7.5" = ~ 190mm
1.25 tall" = 31.75 mm
34 fins

3/8 inch think base material

$50 a pair, plus 14.00 shipping (estimate in US)

I have some surplus heatsinks I have been using with Clone F5.
I have been running .6v on them and running them horizontally (ineffecient) and they go to 47 degrees celsius. Right next to the Fets, I can get to 50C. If they are run normally on their sides, I am sure the temperature will be lower. I have run them for 6 hours and the temperature and bias stay stable. I have 10 pair of ten of these, I am selling seven sets.

They have mounts for CPU chips and lots of thread inserts. It will take some effort to put L-channel on them, or one can make a chassis hole in top of heatsinks for making covers. There seems to be a few options for mounting the small F5 boards. These are not conrads, but nice heavy black anodized sinks.

The web-site has some pics. Let me know if your interested.

http://picasaweb.google.com/notcopperonly/SpareHeatsinks#

Tea-Bag

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Shipping

These fit into the following flat rate box. The max weight is 70 lbs
for the boxes, so they weigh less than that.
11-7/8" x 3-3/8" x 13-5/8" (rectangle-shaped)

So looks like for USA domestic shipping Flat Rate priority mail is $10.35.

Shipping to Canada Priority is 25.95. Regular is likely less.

Mike

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: 2 pairs

roscoeiii said:
Would 2 pairs fit into that flat rate box?

And when you say "on their sides" you mean when the heatsinks are on the left and right sides of an amp (perpendicular to the floor)?

Two pair will not fit into the priority mail box. Since they are ~ 1.5 tall and 13.5 inches, they are squeezed into a flate rate box. ( A pair).

I tested them on their sides, simply because this causes it to emit heat poorly. In any other configuration, based on my own thermodynamic studies :clown: , they will cool better. In the pic's, the heat is trying to emit mostly off the raw flat aluminum surface.

One wants the heat to not be overkill, as the F5 (or F4 for that matter) bias more steady with consistent heat, once warmed up.

Given a few more weekends, I should have them running on their sides like a normal amp should, to see what it puts out for heat.

:smash:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
wirewiggler said:
Mike,
Sent you a PM .

Bill

Wirewiggler and Caligula's heatsinks are going to the Post Office today.

This leaves ~ 5 pairs left. Quite a few have asked for paypal details but have not paid. So this will be first come first serve, except for Mantisory who I am holding a pair until shipping cost's are figured out.

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.