• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Carver mk II modified audio amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
-mr anatech; being a prospect here, i could not figure out how to 'quote' yeti [inside sasquatch joke]

-yes sir, i meant LS as lightstar and sunfire's 600~2

-and carver ss mono blocks would be the 7t and 9t models

-sorry; my poor typing and /mx speak even confuses my girlfriend...hehe

-the problem for more power, for me anyways is...ive owned the ALS speaker system for 15+ yrs...these are indeed inefficient to say the least...however the silver model, has been sheer musical bliss, for my needs [opinion]

-one does need an amp that can survive momentarily 1 ohm thresholds w/these ineficiant type spkrs<sigh>

-i appreciate your post sir
:D

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi maddmaxxx,
i could not figure out how to 'quote' yeti [inside sasquatch joke]
Easy.
Copy the text you want to quote by highlighting with your mouse and clicking the right button, select copy. Click on the button on the right side under "COLOR" and paste the text in there and press the "Okay" button. That should do it.

-sorry; my poor typing and /mx speak even confuses my girlfriend
These days, all people have to go on for an impression of you is how you type. You should really try to type clearly in full sentences, with punctuation! It makes your posts easier to read for the rest of us, and many members do not speak English as a first language. For their sake, try to be clear please.

the problem for more power, for me anyways is
The main problem I can see is that your speakers will only take so much power before damage occurs. Ever seen a blown ribbon? I have. The M 1.5t is capable of destroying these speakers. I seem to recall a low impedance version of the PM 1.5, the PM 1.5L

I fear that you may be on the road to burning out a ribbon or woofer. I would recommend that you consider different speakers if you want a higher sound pressure level. Remember that these amplifiers can easily kill most speakers out there if you push them too hard.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.