Need Good Drivers in India!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Confusing...............even after knowing the details !

There is a Peerless-India ! Made in Mumbai and supposedly made some low end drivers for Peerless of Europe. At least they used to .
How they use the Peerless in their name and are NOT supposed to be affiliated with the original Peerless I do not know.

Try contacting them

:D

This topic has been discussed in this forum earlier. You have not searched enough.

However, to help, let me state that Peerless in India did have a tie up with Peerless of Denmark. That was then and there is no tie up of any sort, now.

You may see that the logo is different for each of these companies.

Peerless India is continuing with some of the old models they used to produce for their principals then. Perhaps, they've added other models which have little to do with the original company's current products.

Those of you in India, if you are looking for some good drivers (Silver Flute Woofers+Hi Vi Research Dome Tweeters+LEAP designed Crossover with quality parts- all supplied by Madisound) PM me directly.

Guys, I think i found a decent driver here in Bangalore!!

What do you guys think about DAPIC?

Here are the parameters for Dapic DP-1211 (12 inch driver):

Fs - 30.23 Hz
Qts - 0.24
Qes - 0.25
Qms - 4.92
Vas - 70.38 liters
Re - 1.6 Ohms
Le @ 1Khz - 1.61 mH
Xmax - 35mm.
Sd 539 cm2
RMS - 400W

Please let me know if i can go for this one.

Hello Ashok,

I know that but the drivers look nice ;). I think they are chinese. I remember seeing similar drivers in some chinese website.
I did mail DAPIC just now hope they will reply.

Hello Arun,

I would like to know how you got the T/S spec? Was it measured? Are the models you saw same as the one displayed on their website?
Waiting eagerly :D

By the way I found another indian OEM Speaker manufacturer. Their website
http://iwaispeakers.com/index.htm
I mailed them a couple of times but did not get any replys. :(
They have the T/s specs posted on their website.

Venki.

Hello Arun,

I would like to know how you got the T/S spec? Was it measured? Are the models you saw same as the one displayed on their website?

I saw the driver in a Shop who sells Chinese products in SP Road in Bangalore. There is also a 10" version. But this is better.
He said it costs INR 2800. Pretty decent price huh!
I can give you his contact info 2morrow, I have his card.

Man!! I liked the way the driver looked. I'm waiting for the amp which the vendor said he is importing shortly.

Hello Arun,

Sorry for the wrong post, I was in a hurry & did not read ur post correctly. :confused: :eek:
The T/S Specs were given in a Cataloguethat also has the cabinet dimensions, Port length to be used etc.,
I dont really know how accurate these specs are.

I saw the model, It looked very much the same as the one in the site. It looks decent. A bit too flashy..
I like the sobre looking black drivers, but this is for a car audio so the look goes...

Hi Arunkumar

Could you tell me the height of the magnetic gap ( ie height of the top plate) and the height of the magnet. Also i would like to know weather the back plate plate is bumped or not and if yes by how much? Asking just out of curiosity, regarding the specs.

Thank in anticipation

Hey guys just ran into this thread. been off diyaudio for a while (actually i've been hanging in the tube section).

anyway this is what i know of the indian market.

PI or Peerless India is owned and manged by Damodar Ratha his son manages the retail business (10 octaves) which retails internatonal brands.

Damodar has had associations with many International brands and sells drivers to Sonodyne (Mukherjee) in calcutta.

I have met him more than a few times and he has shown me some wondferul drivers but every promise to provide me with a few drivers has so far not been honoured. However i feel this is because DR does not have time for the DIY market - nothing personal.

Then there is Mr. Nagpal of PA (based in Santa Cruz, Mumbai) who mostly retails Pro audio and PA drivers sourced from Thailand. If you ask him he will espose his 2" fullrange that is "better than bose". Otherwise he is a gent.

Bolton used to make drviers in India but I am not sure about availability and prices today. I would expect these to be our best bet.

In any case any driver needs to be tested esp those made locally. their T/S specs are often way off (more than 20%) and so one must have access to LEAP/LMS, MLSSA or similar system to test the drivers.

Given these constraints I find the best option is to import drivers for Singapore or from the US and stick to sealed box subs (where a slight variation in T/S specs is not so critical).

Corrson in bangalore sells Vifa TC series drivers. they are better than most indian drivers. I dont think they stock much though so one as to call them as ask. besides their prices are not exactly cheap.

The Indian Speaker Scene is very small and disorganised. Most local manufactuerers Telome, Pandam, etc... source their drivers in China.

Dont expect a Solen or Madisound to exist here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.