Need Good Drivers in India!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sumit said:
Hi Arunkumar

Could you tell me the height of the magnetic gap ( ie height of the top plate) and the height of the magnet. Also i would like to know weather the back plate plate is bumped or not and if yes by how much? Asking just out of curiosity, regarding the specs.

Thank in anticipation

Sumit,

Sorry dude! I really dont know the details. I just has a look at the driver. Didn't even get a feel of it. The shopkeeper was reluctant to take it out the showcase :bawling: .

bolton

hi friends,
i have got a pair of Bolton 12" woofers ,180mm *20mm(model -30kw22,100 watt Max),price---Rs 1500/- each . I measured the t/s parameters which are:
fs--19.60
qms--3.92
qes--0.22
qts--0.21
vas--442.89 ltr
Re--7.0ohm
I have also got an enclosure of abt 2.3 cuft which i built myself a months back using .75" mdf with double baffle i.e 1.5".
I need help in using the subwoofer in that enclosure. I dont know wat type of enclosure/crossover should i use to get best performance. I would show the images as soon as i get them.
I hope someone help me in this project:)
regards
Aman

Re: bolton

aman said:
hi friends,
i have got a pair of Bolton 12" woofers ,180mm *20mm(model -30kw22,100 watt Max),price---Rs 1500/- each . I measured the t/s parameters which are:
fs--19.60
qms--3.92
qes--0.22
qts--0.21
vas--442.89 ltr
Re--7.0ohm
I have also got an enclosure of abt 2.3 cuft which i built myself a months back using .75" mdf with double baffle i.e 1.5".
I need help in using the subwoofer in that enclosure. I dont know wat type of enclosure/crossover should i use to get best performance. I would show the images as soon as i get them.
I hope someone help me in this project:)
regards
Aman

going by gut feel.

given the low Qts and very large Vas I'd look at an open box with lintwitz eq.

A ported box will be huge and a sealed box with a Qts of 0.7 or so will have a highish F3.

Still a speaker box program like Box Plot or LspCad will give you more accurate results.

bolton

Hello Aman

This driver is only good if it has a good X-max . Being a bolton it won't be having x max more than 4mm one side. I ploted your paramaters onto win isd and was not satisfied with the results. It should 40hz @ -5DdB, 30hz @ -12dB, and 20Hz @ -23dB in a 2.3cuft box, tuned to 35Hs for the flatest responce. You could use linwitz equalization but x-max comes into question.

Overall not a subwoofer driver.

hi friends

Thanks Navin bhai and Sumit bhai for quick response ......
I put the woofer in the 2.3 cuft enclosure with a coil just to test it but there was no good bass.
Friends i am a newbie in this field and wanns learn more,more and more and need ur precious advice.
Sumit ...... ur right that it has got less xmax but this was the only woofer i could get in the market...
I can go active + equalization if u help me.
please help me what to do next and where to start with the enclosure that i have.....
:)
I have also built a 24dp/octave three way active crossover... could it be of any use..??
Aman_4g@yahoo.com
waiting
Aman

isobaric

Hi Aman

I won't advice u to go for active eq. with this driver ( low x-max) .
What u can try is a combined box of 4.6cu ft. and mount both the drivers in an isobaric configuration (cam shell) and tune the box to 30Hz ( 4" port, length = 5.08 inchs ). Add around 5grams of mass to each cone and take care there are no air leaks from in between the woofers.
Simulation suggest u would get around + - 1.5dB from 29Hz to 100Hz.

hii thanks

oooooh 4.6cuft is too big:bawling: ...
actually i wanna build a three way system and wanna use those woofers.I dont wanna built subwoofer .That would be my next project. isn't there least possibility of using those woofer in 2.3cuft enclosure...........plz help.
Aman

Hi Sumit

please tell me......would there be any change in vas if i add mass to the cone. I would do the measurements on coming sunday.
I also ran the parameters on winsid but couldnt understand much.
i wanna know how a trans function of a vented box should look like ?? should it have a peak or not??
thanks
Aman

bolton

Peaks should be avoided. But sometimes for the sake of bass extention + - 1.5dB is not so bad.

For trans func reference , select the Adire shiva woofer from the drop down menu under new project.

These woofers can go flat upto 35Hz in a 2.3cu ft enclosure. Play with winisd to learn more.

bolton

I ran the boltons parameter(Fs: 19.60, Qts; 0.21 and vas; 200 lit) in winisd.Its EBP is abt 89 which seems to be suitable for a vented box. It shows the f3(cut off) of abt 38hz in 2.3cuft enclosure tuned to 33.52Hz. There's a slight dip in the trans function. Could u please say something abt it as to how would it sound ,what needs to be done or am i missing something serious.
please enlighten me..:)
Aman

Dear Ashok,

I make, designer made to order Drivers and it,s enclosures duly tuned for perfect reproduction.
No matter what woofer driver you choose, it has to be put in a right cabinet volume and the port tuned exactly around resonance so that there is no unwanted cone movement.
Tuning the port physically with the help of frequency generator and oscilloscope is the best bet to avoid any misled printed parameters. This way I have made many systems for theatre's and DJ Guys.
I can send my 12" Driver system ready for use to you. It employs Alnico magnet with 3 in Coil wound on Kapton foil and rubber sorround cone. Fitted into a cabinet of 1.5ft x 1.5ft x 2ft and the port tuned to suppress its free air resonance. i.e: if you see on oscilloscope there are 2 small peak around the free air resonance frequency(no more to be seen). This way the system sounds the best as there is no unwanted oscillation of the cone.

I also make designer Audio Amplifiers (Class D, PWM only) from 100W to 5000W RMS. In case you want one pl contact my email ID. ajazz@consultant.com

Don't think India lacks pro-audio equipment makers.
I shall be posting my website shortly for pro-audio designer equipments made by me.

If u need any thing in pro-audio (Indian or Imported) do contact me.
I rarely visit this site, due to lack of time, but it's fantastic to be with u all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.