Does the Peerless XLS 12 NEED a passive radiator?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a similar problem with an 8"XLS (dog it is) which needs a bigger box than my 10"XLS, but the box is existing and so have no room for the port.

I only had 1 B&W flowport so I'm going to build a base with the ducting inside, covered top and bottom. On the pic, the air comes in the red dot and comes out the black dot to a 90mm PVC elbow where I can flare the exit. I still haven't worked out the final length and not sure if it will need 3 rows as drawn or only 2.

Anyone see any problems with this method?

Attachments

• port.jpg
    port.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 343
I wouldn't consider that a very good design for home theatre. The vent will chuff like mad. If you really do want a box that small, you need a PR. The design I mentioned pretty much resolves the issues better IMO. The only downside is size. You could come up with a compromised version that could be 60 - 70L, giving up some extension.

Thanks Notax

I've got similar numbers but a bit lower tuning. The thing is the woofer doesn't work anything the modelling.... a weird devil it is. The WES and Solen numbers give completely different results as well but it's only a little sub for my daughter's place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.