Graham Holliman Velocity Coupled Infra Bass Speaker? - Page 31 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th December 2011, 10:57 PM   #301
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero D View Post
@ paulronanqed

Nice to see someone Actually building one

What driver are you using ?

Earlier on in this thread i posted several things about it. And that i purchased the plans way back when. I seem to recall that this gap was a lot smaller in the plans ?

Attachment 256667

Have you modified the original design ? or is my memory fading

Looking forward to some test results on this

Regards
Hi Zero D,

Just spotted the arrow on the picture, the fillets were cut to 1.75" (44.5mm) as per dim's on the table front to back and I left them at CLS width to give them a little more meat and glue surface, might be a bit of an optical illusion with the 25mm upstand at the back and angle the picture was taken at.

Many thanks for the heads up

Paul
Old 16th January 2012, 05:13 PM   #302
diyAudio Member

What happened to the testing results ? if Paul achieves 25Hz or lower than it through this box, i'll make one Holliman type box for me.
Old 25th January 2012, 07:03 AM   #303
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorno View Post
Hi,

Look at the submitted picture where a 10” Dayton speaker driver Dayton Audio RSS265HF-4 10" Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm 295-460 is modeled in a double bas reflex (BIB?) enclosure, capable in room SPL of more than 90 dB at 8 Hz and low ripple that any room will hide.

Not a Holiman but this less than 1 Litres total stroke-volume (2 x X-max x Sd) 10” based infra DBR driver covers 8 - 80 Hz and will work in any room because of the built in air velocity conversion. J

The size is quite large (427 L), but more than + 8dB is gained at 8 Hz compared to the corresponding IB type and the driver is within linear X-max with a low 16 W RMS input when producing 90 dB SPL at 8 Hz.

With typical + 9dB ‘room gain’ at 10 Hz an f-3dB at 6 Hz can be expected in most living rooms even if doors not are closed.

B
Perhaps the volume calculation is wrong in the proposed enclosure it appears to be 350 Liters to me,but has impressive frequency range, if the sim results are right for the proposed Dayton 10" enclosure then what would be the results for this Peerless India 10" woofer which has comparable specifications and would be a cheap option (i don't know it's price but it's definitely cheap as it is not an imported one ) ? :- Products - PeerlessAudio.com
Old 25th January 2012, 11:38 AM   #304
bjorno is offline bjorno  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to bjorno
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhihemu View Post
Perhaps the volume calculation is wrong in the proposed enclosure it appears to be 350 Liters to me,but has impressive frequency range, if the sim results are right for the proposed Dayton 10" enclosure then what would be the results for this Peerless India 10" woofer which has comparable specifications and would be a cheap option (i don't know it's price but it's definitely cheap as it is not an imported one ) ? :- Products - PeerlessAudio.com
Hi abhihemu,

I looked up my Dayton DAYTON RSS265HF-4 DBR designs and found the smallest suggestion had a 486L volume but as I recently/presently have had and have computer problems , I could have missed the right sim.

The driver you posted looks good for a large deep FR digging DBR.

Please post a link to the simulation you are referring to and I will recalculate the DBR volume and later(this day or tomorrow) post a sim. using the Peerless India driver instead.

b
Old 25th January 2012, 02:36 PM   #305
diyAudio Member

Hi b,

i was referring to your Attachment in the same post #190 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...-infra_dbr.gif) , which says that the lower volume is 152.9x60x40 (cm) = 367 L, which actually is 300.84 L (60.1x23.6x15.7 inches=310 L), and upper volume 25x60x40 cm = 60L which is 41.4 L (9.8x23.6x15.7 inches =41.4 L) if i am not missing something. I was just pointing that and nothing else

actually i liked your plan more than holliman box, and perhaps in a month i'll get that Peerless India driver for your design. I am no expert in sims and such frequency graphs so i am hoping that someone will post the sim graphs for your design with PeerlessIndia driver

thanks for replying
Old 25th January 2012, 04:26 PM   #306
diyAudio Member

Quote:
..Hi b,..i was referring to your Attachment in the same post #190 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...-infra_dbr.gif) , which says that the lower volume is 152.9x60x40 (cm) = 367 L, which actually is 300.84 L (60.1x23.6x15.7 inches=310 L), and upper volume 25x60x40 cm = 60L which is 41.4 L (9.8x23.6x15.7 inches =41.4 L) if i am not missing something. I was just pointing that and nothing else..
I finally found that simulation and let the program to calculate the volumes:
For the moment: See the attached picture.

b
Attached Images
File Type: gif Dayton Audio_RSS265HF-4_infra-DBR_vol.GIF (13.6 KB, 487 views)
Old 26th January 2012, 06:09 PM   #307
diyAudio Member

FYI: Here's a DBR simulation using the Peerless of India 10" driver.

b
Old 27th January 2012, 03:07 PM   #308
diyAudio Member

Quote:
FYI: Here's a DBR simulation using the Peerless of India 10" driver.

b
Thanks for simulation b

it means that Peerless India driver can produce 10Hz to 80Hz with your design,now i am happy ! but this time volume is only 205 Liters !!? and it looks like a TL. Though i didn't understand the dimensions completely, but this is not a huge box, yet efficient. Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 03:18 PM   #309
diyAudio Member

[book=it means that Peerless India driver can produce 10Hz to 80Hz with your design,now i am happy !][/book]

Yes, but you have to HPF at ~8Hz ..

Quote:
but this time volume is only 205 Liters !!? and it looks like a TL. Though i didn't understand the dimensions completely, but this is not a huge box, yet efficient.
Correct,the whole enclosure will be dependent on quarter-wave behavior.

To understand the dimensioning: visit MJK:s site

www.quarter-wave.com

b
Old 27th January 2012, 03:43 PM   #310
diyAudio Member

Quote:
[BOOK]..Yes, but you have to HPF at ~8Hz ..
Ops, should be ~10 Hz

b

Hide this!Advertise here!