W Frame Dipole question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Also it sounds like you might be spending a lot of time concentrating on the woofer/mid crossover and might be ignoring the mid/tweeter coax crossover. How was that crossover designed? If there are problems in the coax it can change the tonality of the whole system and you might never get a satisfying result no matter what you do with the woofer/mid crossover.

Just throwing ideas out there, it's impossible to even guess what your system is doing or why it's not completely satisfactory without a lot more info.

I copied the 24dB/octave at 2500hz. Eminence designed a crossover specifically for this driver with their ASD:1001 tweeter, so I followed that in DSP.

Also using Charlie and Jeff's stuff I was able to make a good advanced-biquad filter that is also measures flat. However it was a little different, because instead of dialing back the tweeter with a slider on the computer screen in the DSP (think L-pad), with Charlie's sheet it showed changing the slope and frequency of one of the drivers made it sum flat. That result is a little more detailed with some music, but seems a little shouty with other music. (These big drivers beam a little, and maybe that becomes more apparent)

This measurement attached was taken a long time ago, but it's the only one I have on my phone. It has 1/2 octave smoothing, but would still look pretty flat with 6th octave smoothing. 500hz on up has always been pretty easy to get a flat response.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    858.7 KB · Views: 183
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.