Dual Ten for CRV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2013
Hi everyone
I am looking to put two 10" tapped horn in my CRV, the available space i have for the cabinet is 13*33*30. I was wondering if anyone know of any 10" driver that is suited for TH. I am limited to 500watts of power for both drivers and i am looking for a flat response from 35hz to 100hz. I was looking around the forum but no luck. My budget for both drivers is $350.00

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Flat response frome 35 to 100 IN a vehicle..... Sounds like a job for a sealed box.

Anything that is flat to 35 OUTSIDE of a vehicle will have a terrible hump centered at the low frequency cuttoff due to the cabin gain once you put it in a car.

Generally this starts around 55 hz and is around 10-12 db/oct boost as you decend in freq

Disabled Account
Joined 2013
Flat response frome 35 to 100 IN a vehicle..... Sounds like a job for a sealed box.

Anything that is flat to 35 OUTSIDE of a vehicle will have a terrible hump centered at the low frequency cuttoff due to the cabin gain once you put it in a car.

I am looking for something that have more output than seal or ported

If the response is not flat NO PROBLEM.

GM

Joined 2003
No idea about driver cost and at ~133 L net Vs your ~169 L gross size, it in theory can be folded up to fit. This driver's specs isn't conducive to a real flat sim [it wants to be this big just for one driver], though it should be somewhat flatter than predicted and you'll probably want to EQ it to boot. 120 dB from ~28-108 Hz @ 500W sitting on the ground outdoors. The compression ratio is high, but you're not driving it anywhere near its 1400W peak rating, though your guess is as good as mine as to whether these drivers are built good enough to handle it.

GM

Attachments

• JBL GTO 1014D TH [dual].gif
    JBL GTO 1014D TH [dual].gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 136
  • JBL GTO 1014D TH [dual] - response.gif
    JBL GTO 1014D TH [dual] - response.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 131
JBL GTO1014D 10-Inch Die-Cast Dual-Voice-Coil Subwoofer:Amazon:Car Electronics

More like 150 bucks. The gto series is a bargain.

The tapped horn would be MUCH louder down low, particularly at the resp peak of 35 hz, but the flh would likely be flatter, and still very loud, with the benefit of already being folded and having plans available for easy construction.

Ive built 3 autotubas, all with the 8s and been cery surprised with their output

Hi Beat Street,

This suggestion is smaller than what your Requirement stipulates and could cut your Budget in half if they still are available, of course:

b :)

Attachments

• Alpine SWS-10D4_S_R_BR-Closed-Box.JPG
    Alpine SWS-10D4_S_R_BR-Closed-Box.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 2x_Alpine SWS-10D4_R_Folded-T-QWP-final.JPG
    2x_Alpine SWS-10D4_R_Folded-T-QWP-final.JPG
    558.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 2x_Alpine SWS-10D4_R_Folded-T-QWP_Car-adapt.JPG
    2x_Alpine SWS-10D4_R_Folded-T-QWP_Car-adapt.JPG
    286.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Bjorno

Would it be ok to remove the mouth opening and place as indicate in the attch picture. If it can be done what would be the cutout size.

View attachment 421482

Thanks

Yes but if the choice is to place the Terminus symmetrically above the two Drivers of some reason( IMO no advantage) you have to enlarge the cabinet a bit.

Size of the Port: See the Picture:

b :)

Attachments

• 2x_Alpine SWS-10D4_R_Folded-T-QWP-extended.JPG
    2x_Alpine SWS-10D4_R_Folded-T-QWP-extended.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 68
Disabled Account
Joined 2013
No idea about driver cost and at ~133 L net Vs your ~169 L gross size, it in theory can be folded up to fit. This driver's specs isn't conducive to a real flat sim [it wants to be this big just for one driver], though it should be somewhat flatter than predicted and you'll probably want to EQ it to boot. 120 dB from ~28-108 Hz @ 500W sitting on the ground outdoors. The compression ratio is high, but you're not driving it anywhere near its 1400W peak rating, though your guess is as good as mine as to whether these drivers are built good enough to handle it.

GM

Hi Gm thanks for your help with the tappedhorn but i will be going with the one that Bjorno did.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.