My newest toy (in making)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Inspired by Greatness, I admit it. But the internals I day dreamed about for a while before making a single cut. Just waiting for another set of long clamps to finish it up!

This:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Plus this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
That came from trying to figure out how/where to put the driver. centering it in the throat just seemed to be sloppy, not directing the sound energy/air very well. The driver is to one side and that board tapers the throat from S1 to the first bend. Wont know until I get it together how well it will sound in the real world but it should be awesome.

I've never attempted anything on this scale before and let me say its a HUGE challenge (a p.i.t.a.) I'm hoping to have it ready to play on Sunday afternoon. Moving this thing around by myself is a task. The other project I'd planned (Dual 18 TH) is definitely being put on hold until I get a nice enclosed double axle drop gate trailer to store everything in!

Made a little progress today. Along with a HUGE MESS! I used six 5 gallon paint buckets to weight the side I glued on today and one fell off somehow :confused: It just happened to be Smurf blue
and is all over the patio, luckily a neighbor heard me swearing :cuss: and had the idea to throw some quick-set cement :wave: on it to soak it up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.