Bass for my soldier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello diy people. Please help me suprise my husband.
My husband of 13 years is retiring from the army and he loves music very much. His favorite speaker is eaw. I am looking for a bass coffin to put two speakers in to suprise him at his coming home party.

Nat

Last edited:
Hi,

EAW speakers seem to make a line of speakers suited to pubic venues.

You have to state the model you want to add subwoofers to, and to be
frank given the nature of EAW speakers, why some form of DIY build
will work as opposed to the subwoofers EAW would suggest.

rgds, sreten.

The old bass coffin he had look like this. SubPushPullLg.jpg
The speaker to go in the bass coffin is BC 18TBX100.

A group of my husband friends and myself come up with this idea to make my husband this bass coffin.

Last edited:
You might want to try the one of B&C's own design of subwoofer enclosure that is designed specifically for this driver. It is only a simple reflex box, but with an 18 inch driver and driven with enough power, it can go as low as 35Hz with pretty impressive SPL's (sound levels). Plenty of people on a live sound forum I am a member of have built this box and say, whilst it is quite large (any box for an 18 inch driver will be really) it can produce a really impressive amount/level of bass of a very good quality as well.

Here is the link:

B&C SUB18

You might want to try the one of B&C's own design of subwoofer enclosure that is designed specifically for this driver. It is only a simple reflex box, but with an 18 inch driver and driven with enough power, it can go as low as 35Hz with pretty impressive SPL's (sound levels). Plenty of people on a live sound forum I am a member of have built this box and say, whilst it is quite large (any box for an 18 inch driver will be really) it can produce a really impressive amount/level of bass of a very good quality as well.

Here is the link:

B&C SUB18

jackand08

Thanks for the link i will give BC a call next week.

Attachments

• 18TBX100_factory_BR_plus_wizard_annotated.jpg
    18TBX100_factory_BR_plus_wizard_annotated.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 604
Something with nice low bass,nice spl and low distortion will be good.

Not wanting to push the design too much, but the SUB18 plans provide all of this and, being a simple reflex box, they aren't that difficult to build at all, compared to other designs. Also, they only use one driver per box, so you will be able to make two and use them as stereo subs for even higher SPL's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.