Data-Bass version 2 is live

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good day. After a very long delay and a TON of work Data-Bass version 2 is up (Virtually everything has been overhauled though it may look like it on the surface ). We have added a lot of systems, some drivers and quite a few articles. We also have a lot of added pictures and for a few of the passive systems we have done high power impedance testing. We still have a few minor things left to update and a couple of systems to add as well. Additional tests and articles will be able to be added much faster now and will be.

Those of you that have supported us, we thank you and apologize for the delays. Enjoy.

Data-Bass.com

@ Josh Ricci

Hi, nice www :)

I tried to view what "appears" to be a slide show

db.gif

But none of the buttons worked for me, so i saw nothing ? Is that a work in progress or ?

TIA

Data-Bass

Hi, Firefox & i tried with allowing Scripting & Requests, but still see a blank box ? Interestingly i just tried with IE6 :D allowing Scripting & it worked :)

I wonder why FF has an issue on there, as ALL other www's i visit are fine !

FF 3.6, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 should all work for data-bass.com. You may have something else configured that could be affecting this, but i can't think of anything right now.

If you can check one thing for me in FF, let me know if you're getting any JS errors on the page? Just load up that URL and press ctrl+shift+j and see if anything is there. You may have older errors from other pages, just clear them (press the clear button in the error console) and to a full page refresh: CTRL+F5

lastly: Why the in world do you have IE6 working at all! :p download IE 9 asap!

Last edited:
Chrome should work, this site has been tested on many browsers. The issue here is strange because its unique to just this case. I don't want to derail this thread is software issues, but I'll be brief. This may be the case of some kind of HTTP optimization occurring at a hop before it reaches the client. I don't see any reason for the javascript on the page to execute before the requests have finished.

For this case, you may have to get firebug and look at the network requests to see if you get a 404 error on the jquery file from google. The other idea I have is to not use a third party host and wrap all the js into one request and that will probably fix it.

Zero D, can you try clicking on this link: http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6/jquery.min.js

that's the request the data-bass forces you to make so it should download automatically. If you can't access that site from where you are, then that's the problem.

Anyway, I hope you guys like the site, we have more ideas in store so this may grow quite a bit more. Hopefully we'll have more drivers up there soon too.

Thanks,
- Kyle Keating

@ [LMS]007

I don't have Chrome. I tried the link & see this

db1.gif

The code extends WAY past the right of my screen. I guess that's not what i'm supposed to be viewing :D

I think the issue might be due to one or more of my security/privacy AddOns in FF which could be blocking something ? Unless you can think of anything obvious, i'll have to try & narrow it down. It's not a major problem as i won't be attempting to view those pages every day, & i can view them fine with IE. It's just strange that out of ALL the www's i visit & have done, no others give me that problem ?

Thanks for investigating etc :)

@ [LMS]007

I don't have Chrome. I tried the link & see this

View attachment 253574

The code extends WAY past the right of my screen. I guess that's not what i'm supposed to be viewing :D

I think the issue might be due to one or more of my security/privacy AddOns in FF which could be blocking something ? Unless you can think of anything obvious, i'll have to try & narrow it down. It's not a major problem as i won't be attempting to view those pages every day, & i can view them fine with IE. It's just strange that out of ALL the www's i visit & have done, no others give me that problem ?

Thanks for investigating etc :)

thats exactly what you're supposed to see, its a code file :)

The security add on's might be the issue. The js file is from a different host. If anyone of your add-on's have a some-domain policy for script files then it may be blocked. (firebug add-on can show you that information in the console) If that's the case that is a problem because a lot of websites are using third party hosting for objects like this for caching/sharing reasons between sites.

The site works OK in ie 7 and 8, but it renders best in 9 as do most other sites too so at least upgrade to IE 9? If you can disable your add-on's in FF and temporarily and retest data-bass.com, let me know if it worked? --don't worry, its a safe site :)

Thanks again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.