Data-Bass version 2 is live

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@ [LMS]007

Hi, i tried with RUN = Firefox -safe-mode = No add ons, but was still unable to view the images ? Not sure what the issue is, but it must be something at this end. As i said before though, NO other site gives me problems !

So please don't spend a lot of time on this for my sake. As & when i'll just use good old IE6 ;)

Regards

@ [LMS]007

Hi, i tried with RUN = Firefox -safe-mode = No add ons, but was still unable to view the images ? Not sure what the issue is, but it must be something at this end. As i said before though, NO other site gives me problems !

So please don't spend a lot of time on this for my sake. As & when i'll just use good old IE6 ;)

Regards

Ie6? That must render weird in that browser..

but one last question, what version of FF do you have? Is it older than 3.6?

I can probably get it working for you if i host the jquery file and delivery it that way, but im just trying to replicate the problem on my end first.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by [LMS]007

Ie6? That must render weird in that browser..

Actually no ;)

dbie.gif

what version of FF do you have?

3.6.14 I know it's not the latest version :D but i like it & i'm Perfectly safe with some Great security software installed ;)

Actually no ;)

View attachment 253871

3.6.14 I know it's not the latest version :D but i like it & i'm Perfectly safe with some Great security software installed ;)

nothing wrong with 3.6, i double check that version as soon as i can.

But I see major problems in ie6, the dotted lines are slashes now, lol and the entire nav bar and buttons on the slides don't work (due to js errors) and the slides look interlaced in that photo?

anyway, i think i can solve your problem with FF with some js error checking and reload the library you're client is missing dynamically if it won't load from google's url. I'll work on that in the next week or two and report back when i'm done.

I have almost all major browsers installed and updated. You might want to consider chrome or at least upgrading to IE9. There is really no reason to use IE6 unless you need it for some really old legacy interface that your company uses. IE9 has better security, I highly recommend it. In fact, its on my todo list to blacklist (prevent) IE6 users from viewing data-bass.com.

thanks.

Originally Posted by [LMS]007

nothing wrong with 3.6, i double check that version as soon as i can

Yeah i thought it wouldn't be due to that, good to know it's OK there.

Interesting that it works just fine for me with IE6, but not you ! I hardly ever use IE, only FF.

As for updating etc, i run Malware & visit infected www's to test my comps security :D Nothing either gets in, and/or NO permanent damage etc is caused. And that's with testing some of the nastiest Rootkits etc out there :eek: So i'm perfectly sorted out in that respect ;)

Thanks for continuing to try & fix things :)

Have a nice weekend

@ Mr. Bullet Proof PC,
Out of curiosity what are you using to keep the wyrus's at bay? :D
I value my data too much to go looking for trouble. I had an Astaro box at work and thought about setting one up at home(FREE for home), but it can be a bit on the intrusive/nagging side when actually set to a good level of protection.

Originally Posted by NEO Dan

@ Mr. Bullet Proof PC,

:D Well it Really is ;)

Out of curiosity what are you using to keep the wyrus's at bay?

For some time now, it's not just wyrus's :D that people need to be concerned about, but the wider umbrella name of Malware. This includes anything that is Malicious Software.

As you asked.

First off, i have my OS locked down as much as possible with various tweaks etc. Also i have several Really good Apps installed. ProcessGuard which is, amongst other things, an AntiExecutable software. It blocks ALL unknown .exe's .sys .dll etc. Not available anymore, but there are other such Apps that are. As well as that i use a Virtualiser App, ShadowDefender. This is also now unavailable, but again, works perfectly to contain ALL sessions inside a Virtual space on my hard drive. On reboot ALL changes are gone & my PC is back to how it was before. Other Virtualisers are available. I have a number of other Apps which block things such as Scripts etc etc from running without permission. Plus a good Firewall configured Very tightly. Plus i have two Excellent complimentary AntiKeyloggers/HIPS installed. My AV/AM is Avira.

If you or anyone else wishes to check out many such Apps & lot more, plus really good info on security/privacy etc etc, i can recommend https://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php

I've heard/read that Astaro is good. Steve Gibson @ grc.com used to highly recommend it.

Thanks for the info I'll be looking into it in greater detail.

Here is a LINK to a slideshow of a portable mini Astaro gateway box I built for a security guy. He needed to be able to generate lots network segments with different levels of permissions without resulting to vlan switching so I built him this little box with gigibit nics. It's about the size of a DIN head unit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.