5 hz bass @ 125 db in room

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Understand that I'm in a sealed room with soundproof metal doors and they were still flexing. The pressure you'll be dealing with at these frequencies will take a wood door off it's hinges and shatter windows. The 1.5" thick lexan control window was flexing noticeably.

Noted....spend half the budget on soundproofing first...got it. Think I may go with 10 ultras and see if I want more after that. The £60000 was a ball park, I'll spend whatever it takes (if its £10k or 100k). Thanks for all the help.

For the record do you think datsik ever meant for people to experience the 5hz at club volumes?

I have a great box for the LMS-R, tuning is about 12Hz. It's what you get when your box grows up using the rest of the second sheet of wood.;)
ASD1iso.jpg

Hey, basically I took the advice of someone earlier in the thread and build a box I could physically fit in, walls were 4 inches thick and braced so I could still fit in, then I faced three 18 inch drivers (fi q) inwards so it was an IB facing into a 70cb ft box. then I fitted some cheap bookshelves (athena B2) as front left right speakers, hooked it all up and played it. The bass was insane couldn't turn it all the way up, would be an awesome experience if it was ever done in a club, it just takes your breath away and leaves you speechless.

Cost around £1000 in the end all in and I kept the Fi Q's for 3 subwoofers for a home theater where they sound great.

How could this be done in a club? 5 hz horn even possible?

With enough wood, spaces, speakers and amps--it is possible. :eek:

Problem with infrasonic frequencies is they tend to resonate things, the building can and will fail and that much power tends to do bad things.

The 7 Hz wavelength has a cool effect, it will kill you and destroy buildings. The French played around with that from the 50's to the 70's and had a good time. The earth didn't much care for that, it created tremors which were picked up miles away--hard to be stealthy when the ground shifts.

For club use, even if you decide to rock the latest in pipe organ dubstep, I'd leave the infrasonic frequencies, the 15 Hz and below stuff alone since it is a public place. 17 and 18 Hz have magical properties to create panic, paranoia and fear at 105dB levels--be careful what you wish for! Don't want to make a special mix with those frequencies that create resonating eye balls (the patrons will see shapes etc) throw in a bit of paranoia frequency so they are on edge anyway--then mix it with alcohol or other entertaining things.

For public use--I'd high pass at 20Hz with a steep filter to prevent any infrasonic weirdness for some folks and prevent breaking the physical building.

Be careful out there! :p

Heard the resonant frequency of the clitoris is around 33hz... how loud realistically would you need to get a response just from a sine wave at the right frequency.

Though it may be pretty easy to create an algorithm that simultaneously plays a sine wave from 37-29 hz ish with every drum beat. NO idea what it would sound like...but a room full people experiencing alternate dramatic fear from infrasonics and women getting randomly horny could make an interesting clubbing experience....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.