R evenge C omes with F orce

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i got 2 models here
the one on the left has a bigger chamber shorter hornpath.
i like to here the experts on pro's /con's for these 2 models.
the width is 4' wich would be 121.92 cm correct?
hight 70 cm ,depth 87.5 cm.
olsound%204.jpg

left:

any time I've built a TH with a nasty dip -- I've not liked it. Remember one of the benefits of a TH is a 'little bit' of the 2nd harmonic distortion that our ears really 'want' to hear at PA levels. It's why I like the TH sound over a FLH sound. The nasty midbass dip makes notes sound different that have their 2nd harmonic in that band.

Jricci you just build a tapped horn which one you think is better

Thanks

Which one what do I think is better? Better for what? All designs and enclosure types have compromises involved.

BTW I agree with JBell though for slightly different reasons. I do not like to have huge nulls right above the expected crossover point or even quite a ways above it really. It can make things difficult to blend with the other speakers.

Here's a good visual on why I don't like TH's with a big null just above the passband.

This is the ss15 with a 40hz SINE WAVE...

You really have to think musical instrument when designing one of these.
i understand what you saying.
we should be going for the left one(peaks are never that severe in real live)
just like the groep delay and impulse better from the right one(i know its just pictures)

maybe the chamber .
hr gives you an aproximation. in real live you won't hear much difference between the 2(if any)
here is another brainfart,not as low as the other 3 but more efficient.
same size box,but smaller chamber and longer horn end
you want from 35hz straight?with 1 or 4
olsound%208.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.