Fiddling with Hornresp - Peerless 831759

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just curious if anyone has messed with Hornresp, or made a horn subwoofer using a Peerless 831759?

I've got a few spares, but I don't want to go to a bunch of trouble if it's going to be terrible, however I am intrigued by building a set of horn subs just for fun to see how this driver sounds in one, even if it ends up being refrigerator sized.

Anyone ever try it, or can take a quick glance at the specs and tell me if I'm wasting my time?

Edit: attached specs.

Attachments

• peerless 831759.txt
    814 bytes · Views: 185
Last edited:
Hi,

Peerless-831759 in a TH? :eek:: Don't spoil the good drivers...use in a TL or in a T-TQWT_ML-TL_BR, Closed box... or in a :

b:)

Attachments

• 2xPeerless-831759_T-TQWT.JPG
    2xPeerless-831759_T-TQWT.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 724

GM

Joined 2003
Just curious if anyone has messed with Hornresp, or made a horn subwoofer using a Peerless 831759?

Edit: attached specs.

No, specs indicate a keeper though, so bjorno's or do your own starting with soho's very flexible TL, TH designer.

BTW, loading specs into HR, then exporting them to a .txt file for posting allows others to load them or a whole design straight into HR [attached]. See pg. 7, 8 of the HELP file.

GM

Attachments

• 831759.txt
    387 bytes · Views: 98
Hi,

Peerless-831759 in a TH? :eek:: Don't spoil the good drivers...use in a TL or in a T-TQWT_ML-TL_BR, Closed box... or in a :

No, specs indicate a keeper though, so bjorno's or do your own starting with soho's very flexible TL, TH designer.

BTW, loading specs into HR, then exporting them to a .txt file for posting allows others to load them or a whole design straight into HR [attached]. See pg. 7, 8 of the HELP file.

GM

Thank you guys very much, that TL does actually look easier to build, too!

Edit: Google as I might, I can't find anything about Soho's TL TH Designer. Is this software I can grab from somewhere?

Last edited:
One more question! I've started to play with some of this exported data in Hornresp, and using some information I've gathered from some posts in the hornresp thread, I think I've got the data exported properly, however it appears that the "width" decreases, which I expect, but it looks to me as though it's decreasing in both directions, which means the cabinet gets thinner as well?

I'm sorry about noob questions but this is my first try and I want to do it as properly as I can!

Bjorno, my exported horn data has got to be incorrect. I've been reading tutorials all morning and I can't seem to come up with good measurements to use so that I can model this thing to the right scale.

Hi,

I'm very busy for the moment... but I made a quick drawing that may help a bit..

PS:I haven't used the exported HR data yet, Round off (up) my given dimension numbers to 1/8" ...I'll be back later...if you have more questions.

Attachments

• Preerless-831759_T-TQWT-quick-layout.JPG
    Preerless-831759_T-TQWT-quick-layout.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 410
Hi,

I'm very busy for the moment... but I made a quick drawing that may help a bit..

PS:I haven't used the exported HR data yet, Round off (up) my given dimension numbers to 1/8" ...I'll be back later...if you have more questions.

Haha! Thank you very much! I was off by quite a bit, here is what I came up with this morning. I'll make another model with these new dimensions if you want to check it out later.

Attachments

• tqwt-properscale1.jpg
    tqwt-properscale1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 378
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.