Single sheet TH challenge

Anybody in Denver and points near there..... Give me a shout cuz that's where I'm Heading.

I'm in KS... which is not a destination... more like a place to pass through.

you'll go past me on the way to denver.

BTW -- kansas speed limit is now 75!! on I-70, so you'll be able to go quickly past me.

Yes, some compression on the ss15 would be helpful. And while I have not personally wrecked a cone like 4pyro's has on his TH that is similar to my cabinet, a bit of compression is a good thing. (but then it wouldn't be a single sheet any more....)

Good to hear from you scott -- glad you are still upright and kickin. Ping flipc -- he has a dozen ss15, which is double your normal 6-stack.

Yes, some compression on the ss15 would be helpful. And while I have not personally wrecked a cone like 4pyro's has on his TH that is similar to my cabinet, a bit of compression is a good thing. (but then it wouldn't be a single sheet any more....).

I was thinking single sheet and it's slightly bigger brother... the A-10 version :D
Ya know me....armor plate everything and put a big fast gun in it and take it into combat! :knight:

Glad to see you r all still at it..... it's certainly worth the trouble.
And especially thanks to DR Danley for getting us all addicted to TH's.

Last edited:
Ok, for the sake of argument, what would you to to the SS15 to add said compression. I don't mind having to buy more wood. I like the size/performance it offers now.

Lee

Build the ss15 'as is' with the exception of the driver baffle. Make an opening approx 400cm2 in it ONLY. Then double the 'as drawn baffle board' up with 3/4" ply. Cut the required hole size for the 15" driver. That'll give you 3/4" worth of xmax room for your driver, which is about 2mm more than xlim on a 3015lf.

absolutely -- both are great candidates for ss15. Don't remember exact posts, but they've been discussed. Kappa pro 15lf2 is the budget winner a db or so down from 3015lf, 4015lf is the output winner with a 4" coil and a db or so up from the 3015lf.

Both iron magnets, both heavier. 3015lf is still the lightweight king.

Forgive me if this info is already here, I am doing this on my phone from work. Is there a real world impedance graph up somewhere? Ideally with the 4015LF cones. Planning my powering scheme. Since the ipr 6000 is and will likely remain vaporware, current thoughts include three per channel on a Crest CC 5500, or something potentially crazier, depending on real world impedance.

Hi jbell,

Just a quick question: "How do we get to 3.2 Ohms w/ 3ea. 4015LF in parallel?" Hornresp indicates impedance minima of just a hair below 2 Ohms.

Regards,

It could be bad math on my part... but I usually figure a 'nominal' impedance plus wire, not a minimum when figuring out what I want to run on an amp.

So a 'nominal' 2.67 ohm plus a half ohm of wire gets me to 3.2. (I always figure a half ohm on wire, don't even ask why/where I started doing that...)

Yea not exact, it's just the way I guesstimate things.