Single sheet TH challenge

Ref.: Post #1499
So I find it to be very valuable information, that there is such a big practical/subjective difference between the extended SS15 and "subs that reach comfortably down to 35hz" (about -3dB @ 35Hz ? / are you talking about the Keystones?).

Regards,
Yep, built a pair using those discounted 4ohm LAB15-alikes. They measure almost exactly -3db at 35hz. One PEQ takes care of the peak at the top of the band no problem. Love the sound, and the output is frankly fantastic.
raq3OMi.png

uL8rgFS.jpg

Went with a 23" aperture. What's also nice is that the 15" driver will fit through the aperture, so need for a removable front.

SZbppXH.jpg

Here's a pic of 2 of the SS15 V2 cabinets. Currently I've got another of the 2 LAB15s, and I'm hoping to come up with a design that uses 2 drivers, double the power, half the size, nearly same output as the Keystone. Something a bit more portable but still very loud. It's a shame the Keystone isn't laid out in an isobaric-mounting-friendly design, or it would be as easy as halving the width. The sim for that looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Hi zettairyouiki,

That looks quite nice, flat to 35Hz, but that's a pretty big hump 80-120Hz.

So now you are looking to pack 2ea. LAB15 into one box, make the box half the size, and get to about the same output using twice the power? Have you tried messing w/ djk's PPSL in a bass-reflex? But then, that wouldn't be a tapped horn.

Regards,

ive got 6 SS15 of which seem to all be constructed slightly differently, and all have their own unique tone. all run a FS audio JB1500N from VFM audio in australia.

i use them outside in the group of three pairs, center pair, and a stacked pair on each side.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and my small combo

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

they blow me away every time i use them, which is about 2 or 3 times a year in anger, despite knowing what to expect.

is there anyone who can do up a 3d model of an SS15 for me so i can 3d print a set i can use on my desktop with 35mm drivers?

Last edited:
I'm not too fussed on saving plastic or weight because they're only going to be rather small, I'm picturing the model with one side panel off so the internal walls get printed standing up on the other side panel. So no internal bracing will specifically be needed as long as the internal panels are thick enough.

I don't know enough about the modelling process to do it myself or I would