FlipC more info please...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found this post awhile ago. Flip is there any way to see the pics and get more info about these? Here is the post.

I finally fixed my server to allow me to post pictures from home.
So I put up pics of the TH Mini Clones I built.

The tops are 15" wedges. Good for size reference.

Closer side view. Use 2 4 Pole Speakon connection on rear.
I received a bad batch of the cabinet paint. They took care of it and sent me a replacement. Here's is the 15" cabinets with it. So soon as I have time to sand the subs down they will look like this:

HR Inputs

HR response
THMiniCloneSPLResponse2.gif

The peaks at the 200 range are not there.
Cut at 42 Hz if using a 48db cut. If not 50 Hz.

(anyway to control image size within a post? Besides pic size.)
Screamer - whats up?
You finalize your setup?

Ha ha
I just found these pics AGAIN just a bit ago so I can put them back online for Screamer to. I have to wait until tomorrow cause I can't log in from home for some reason.

Also to note.
Just finishing up another set. These I changed internally and used right angles and no deflectors in the corners. Waiting on some hardware I didn't know I didn't have left ...
Give me a week and I will have it all up along with the layout's. Right now you can check out:
http://worldconspiracy.org/speakers/TH-Mini-Clone.png.
This is for the 2 I am finishing right now. 1 note. I didn't realize until I got the wood home that I put Height and Width backwards so I had to re cut some wood. Stupid me...
So they are actually 24" T x 22.5" D x 15" wide. Though I seriously doubt it would matter the other way around. I just wanted them to match the first ones on the outside.

No
I tried to copy the og Mini's to a T so I used the B&C 12PS100.
BUT since I can get the Kappa Pro 12A allot cheaper than that driver. I will be using it in my future builds. Though to note. Future builds will be 190 Lt cabinets vs 106 Lt.

I got the pics back up.
I haven't a clue as to what they were named. So if ANY old links are still dead PLEASE let me know the picture name. (some where generic time date stamp names on my computer some weren't)
Speaker Pics
I will be updating those pics. I got to finish off my new the Lab 12 reflexes tonight. Freaking driver bolts dont wont to go in. 1 on 1 and 4 on the other!
I can never seem to get those things just right. Any one got some words of widsom on them?

GM

Joined 2003

Wow! What can I say!

OK, guess I've have to give up my 'secret' of drilling a single hole and installing a snugly fitting alignment pin (I use long/thin cones shaped from dowel scrap), then ditto the opposite side before drilling the rest. If you still get any alignment problems, then maybe you shouldn't be allowed to 'play' with tools, especially powered ones. ;)

GM

GM
Hmm, have never thought of using an alignment pin and marking the back side
and drilling from that. I clamp the speaker to the baffle and use a punch to mark the locations. This time the trouble came from the fact the B&C drivers are built like tanks. A portion of the accordion goes part way over the bolt holes. This stuff is stiff and doesn't give which was offsetting the bolts. I had to take an excato and cut it out.
GM - what do you do to keep the holes from getting covered up during paint?

Only thing left to do now is cut some more grills for them.

On a note.
The design has been done. The 2 I am building now are my second set. There is allot of leeway with the Mini. I am at work and do not have the HR data I actually used here but I have some of the ones I played around with.
Check it: http://worldconspiracy.org/speakers/HR-12PS100-Mini-Clone.gif
This is a tad bigger than actual build. Which is 106+ Lt. Take it all the way down to 90 Lt. It is doable.

As far as the Kappa 12 goes.
Just drop it in. Play around with it. Use same layout. I am not releasing my plans for the Kappa 12 I am building. Least not anytime soon as I will have to build them first.

OK, that explains a lot. My 'punch' is the drill bit. It solves any obstruction 'problem'. :D

I stick the end of the screws into a jar of Vaseline, then screw them in a few threads. Soft wax or soap is fine too. Just so long as it's oily in nature. Back in my uncouth youth, I used old crankcase oil, but today's oil has so many additives combined with so little sulfur (sulfates? I forget now) it doesn't change to sludge in a timely manner as it once did.

GM

OK I checked this thread and the info is all there.
The HR Data. The physical dimensions. The layout with some construction pics.

I built the second pair
slightly different from the first. The first had a continuous expansion with reflectors. The 2nd set was built using the step methodology. I made sure the beginning and end where correct but the in between I didn't worry about. So long as it was "expanding".
I haven't ran real test on them. Probably wont get to for at least 2 weeks.
But just by ear I cant tell a difference.

What else you need?

OK I fixed that page of the construction pics.
Now working correctly. I should have just made the page myself rather than using the Adobe auto generate for the first time.

The gig went great.
A friends wedding reception. 5 hours long. 176 people at reception. Plus about another 20 people working it. Room is L shaped 200'x50' and 50'x50' with about 25' ceilings.
So it isn't small. There is a restaurant and 2 bars in the same building. The restaurant is separated by a large kitchen. Got complaints and asked to turn the system down from said restaurant patrons. I had bass cut off at 50Hz with 48Db slope already. The amp controls about 1/4 way up. The mixer at half volume output (main) and the input faders at 5. While I had set MAX levels at 3/4's for main and 7 on the input. And the amp at 3/4 also. Just for a reference.

Played a variety of music.
From some real funk to classics all the way through to DnB and DubStep. (they went wild for the Skream rmx of "In for the Kill"). I played Raheem's "Most beautiful girl" and tripped the 15 amp Furman that amp was attached to. This was the point of the complaints. LOL 808 Sine waves !!!!! I played Beatles to acoustical guitar stuff.
I played a DubStep rmx of "One Love" by Marley during dinner. Had to turn the bass almost all the way down on the EQ.
I was to busy to get any level readings.
I walked out onto the floor during the "In for the Kill". This is of course after I had turned it down. I would guess it was about 115-120 db at this time.

I would surmised that this would be good
for about 500 people in a 12-15K square foot room. Or about 200-250 outdoors. Which I will get a chance to find out on Oct 31st. Another friend of ours (wife and I) is getting married on that day and having a "Halloween" wedding. Costumes and all. It will be outdoors in a BIG tent. Will have several hundred people there. And as an insight to type of music there. There are using "Closer" by NIN as their first dance. (we are editing the I wanna F! you like an animal portion for them) So that will be the first time using them outdoors.

Thanks
Yes that is Duratex.
If you look closely at the pic of the event (copy the location and paste so you see full size) You can tell there is a slight difference in the subs. The very first batch of Duratex I used was bad. (sub on right)It was a manufacturing blunder they said and sent me a fresh gallon. Which worked correctly BUT I was to lazy to sand the subs down to repaint. So they don't look as nice as the latest ones (left sub). Actually I am pretty bad about filling and sanding. You might be able to see some "indention's" in the newer one.

Funny thing is.
These and the reflex cabs in the pictures are the very first time I have used the pocket screws. Before that I used a brad nailer. I use Liquid Nails as glue/sealer. (just wear latex gloves!). I filled some of the pockets at the front lower lip and that was it. So all in all I like the pocket jig.

Where you located Mike ?

That stinks about the duratex. Hope they not only replaced the paint, but also sent extras for your wasted time. Well anyway your cabs came out great.

I use PL polyurethan adhesiven forr my builds. Latex gloves are required. I haven't used Liquid Nails for any projects in quite some time. Does it expand as it cures? May have to give the Liquid nails a shot after I use up my supply of PL.

What brand of pocket screw jig do you have? Do you dry fit all your joints and drill then use Liquid nails and then add your screws to hold the panel?

I live in Southern Iowa. We have had a cold front move in this week and rain. Flip, where do you live?

Thanks again,
Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.