Lab12 - Tapped Horn

Poseydon - It would work (see pic) but not nearly as well. X-max is only 8 mm for the BMS, while the LAB 12 is 12 mm.
Kepp in mind that both manufacturers use different xmax-values in the spec sheet. Eminence measures with a klippel, BMS states the geometrical value. So the "measured" xmax on the BMS is much higher (or the geometrical xmax of the LAB is much lower, works eather way)

Thanks a lot guys!
It is obvious that the simulation with the BMS is not as good as the LAB12 and probably I am going to give up the idea. I was looking for a multi-purpose solution speaking of subwoofers /usable frequency 20-150hz/ but unfortunately there is none.

Here is what i would like to accomplish:
1. Front Stereo Channels should be a combination of fast, dynamic and detailed bass response. Probably a good idea is to build 2 subs like MTH-30 or something like it. Lower usable frequency >= 45hz.
2. Subwoofer channel speaker should go deep down to 20-25hz. Probably only one sub.

So the separation should look like this way:
20-40/45hz - subwoofer channel
45-150 - front stereo channels.

Speakers available here in Bulgaria:
Most of the BMS speakers
All Visaton Speakers
Some of the Eminence Speakers

Thanks a lot.
Greetings!

I am going to give up the idea. I was looking for a multi-purpose solution speaking of subwoofers /usable frequency 20-150hz/ but unfortunately there is none.
A very large corner loaded horn could give you three octaves.
A tapped horn that is considerably smaller is unlikely to get more than two octaves.
Two or three 18inch drivers could get to three octaves, but either box volume gets very big or power goes through the roof.

AndrewT, I understand your idea but unfortunately the room is not big enough.
I have two free corners in which I can place 250*40*40 cm box.
If I use a single folded design /tapped horn?/ with 12" speaker probably I will get down to 25hz?

Probably my questions is not placed in the correct thread...Sorry for that!

...I was looking for a multi-purpose solution speaking of subwoofers /usable frequency 20-150hz/ but unfortunately there is none...Here is what i would like to accomplish:
1. Front Stereo Channels should be a combination of fast, dynamic and detailed bass response. Probably a good idea is to build 2 subs like MTH-30 or something like it. Lower usable frequency >= 45hz.
2. Subwoofer channel speaker should go deep down to 20-25hz. Probably only one sub...So the separation should look like this way:..20-40/45hz - subwoofer channel...45-150 - front stereo channels...Speakers available here in Bulgaria:..Most of the BMS speakers..!

Hi, If you consider the MTH-30 using the BMS-12S330, you're leaving, IMO, Hi-Fi SQ for live PA Mid sound colorations/artifacts. See a simulated example using this driver in a system capable of THX levels and superior SQ:

b:)

Attachments

• Dual_BMS12S330_T-TQWT+closed-Mid.JPG
    Dual_BMS12S330_T-TQWT+closed-Mid.JPG
    488.4 KB · Views: 1,409
I think I have it.
The reported power input relates to the input voltage and the speaker electrical impedance at that frequency.
When the frequency hits a peak in the electrical impedance, Hornresp reports a high efficiency and when frequency does not coincide with a peak then Hornresp reports a lower efficiency.
Is that correct?

I am building one of these and I was wondering a few things. I plan on making the outside baltic birch and I was wondering if it would be okay to use 3/4" subfloor ply for the inner baffles. I was also wondering if the dampeing material had been sorted out. I have some 1" egg crate style acoustic absorbing foam, would that be useable? And that last thing, what is everyone using as a highpass?

Hi all,

Maybe too delayed answers but there is a reason why I haven't posted in time :Computer problems..

Andrew T: post#111

When the frequency hits a peak in the electrical impedance, Hornresp reports a high efficiency and when frequency does not coincide with a peak then Hornresp reports a lower efficiency.
Is that correct?

b: Yes

fb:post# 112

How does the mouth of a T-TQWT compare to the port of a vented box with regards to port compression/chuffing?

b : If the terminating port is large enough, i.e. Port is >= Sd/3 : No chuffing is expected.

lightlinked: post# 113

I am building one of these and I was wondering a few things. I plan on making the outside baltic birch and I was wondering if it would be okay to use 3/4" subfloor ply for the inner baffles. I was also wondering if the dampeing material had been sorted out. I have some 1" egg crate style acoustic absorbing foam, would that be useable? And that last thing, what is everyone using as a highpass?

b:

Hi,

Which Driver/Plan are you following ?

b:)

It took me two sheets of 5' x 5' x 3/4" baltic birch, 26" x 48" x 3/4" of underlay ply for the inner baffles and a chunk of 1/2" subfloor ply for bracing. If you use biscuits, the inside ones have to be layed out perfect or the side will not go on easily.

Attachments

• IMG_1614.jpg
    IMG_1614.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 1,106
  • IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 1,121