Hornresp - Page 307 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2012, 11:19 AM   #3061
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Me too, the auto prompt to update is a nice feature, thanks!
Hi GM,

You're welcome :-).

Have you tried using the multiple data files functionality yet? It could come in handy in managing the large number of records that you have. Select File > New to create a new data file or File > Open to load an existing file. Select File > Editor to move or copy records in bulk from one data file to another, or to delete records in bulk.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Editor.png (55.6 KB, 216 views)
Old 25th December 2012, 04:48 PM   #3062
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Merry Christmas and all that jive!

No, for quite awhile now I haven’t used HR [or any other audio related software] hardly at all, just doing updates when I noticed them, but not checking what they were, so will have a lot of catching up to do by the time I can get back to concentrating on my hobbies.

Nice feature though as it allows more selective filtering than the ‘FIND’ file, so thanks again for the continuing upgrades, especially the ones you’ve done despite swearing that for one reason or another they would never happen.

GM
Old 25th December 2012, 08:18 PM   #3063
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post
Hi BP1Fanatic,

A question for you - what is your Operating System, and your display screen resolution and text size settings?

I would like to understand why your Hornresp input parameters window is as shown in the first attached screenprint - in particular why the input boxes and text are so large, and why the word "Previous" in the leftmost command button is wrapped over two lines.

The second attachment shows the input parameters window as it normally appears, using Windows 7, a screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels and a text size setting of 125%.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

David
Windows Vista, extra large font (i think 150%), LG 1080p 24" monitor connect to my biostar desktop via hdmi to dvi GeForce 7300 graphics card at 1920x1080 resolution. I'm texting from my cell since I'm not home.
Old 26th December 2012, 06:00 AM   #3064
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
especially the ones you’ve done despite swearing that for one reason or another they would never happen.
Hi GM,

I never swear in public - it's not polite :-).

Sometimes though I am pleasantly surprised to find that implementing a suggested change is not as difficult as first thought, in which case I am only too happy to introduce it. Unfortunately however, these days most of the suggested changes tend to be pretty ambitious, and I am finding it increasingly difficult to justify the large amounts of work involved.

Kind regards,

David
Old 26th December 2012, 06:09 AM   #3065
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1Fanatic View Post
Windows Vista, extra large font (i think 150%), LG 1080p 24" monitor connect to my biostar desktop via hdmi to dvi GeForce 7300 graphics card at 1920x1080 resolution. I'm texting from my cell since I'm not home.
Hi BP1Fanatic,

Thanks for this information. I am at a loss to explain why Hornresp appears as it does on your display monitor. In my case with a text size of 150% the input screen is as shown in the attachment.

Another one of life's little mysteries, it seems... :-).

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Text150.png (110.7 KB, 195 views)
Old 26th December 2012, 02:50 PM   #3066
diyAudio Member

No problem guy! I'll get you an accurate description the next time I log onto that computer. I have five computers running in my house. The biostar is the hotrod of the group. You know about the laptop that's kept in the master bedroom. I have an Asus pundit-r running Vista in the garage, a pundit-r running xp in the basement and in my son's room. I use four functional pundit-r's as a stand for 1 of 4 ps3's in the house.
Old 1st January 2013, 05:30 AM   #3067
diyAudio Member

Default Hornresp Update 3020-130101

Hi Everyone,

Some minor refinements have been made to the program code. The changes do not alter the calculated results or the operation of the software.

Kind regards,

David
Old 1st January 2013, 09:58 AM   #3068
epa is offline epa  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

hi david

req:
is it posible to extend the impulse spectrogram downwards to lets say 10 hz.

happy newyear
Old 1st January 2013, 10:00 PM   #3069
tb46 is offline tb46  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi David,

In the newest version: 3020-130101:

When opening a new data file (e.g.: Test.dat) this seems to work OK, but, hitting the Calculate button brings up the Air Chamber Resonances Yes/No/Cancel box, and, after hitting Yes (or NO), the program goes on to the Schematic Diagram window. Going back to the original Hornresp.dat file returns Hornresp to its original function, i.e.: Calculate gets one to the SPL Response window.

Bug?

And "Happy New Year",

Regards,
Old 2nd January 2013, 07:20 AM   #3070
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epa View Post
is it posible to extend the impulse spectrogram downwards to lets say 10 hz.
Hi epa,

The range of 40Hz to 10kHz was recommended by Jean-Michel (Jmmlc) as providing the best balance between the usefulness of the information displayed, and the time necessary to calculate the results. For this reason, I would prefer not to alter the existing frequency range.

Jean-Michel is the author of the spectrogram routine used in Hornresp.

Kind regards,

David

Hide this!Advertise here!