Wow!!! A wonderful preamplifier module!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
janneman said:

Actually the slew rate is even larger than we think, because the amp doesn't show slew rate limiting even with max output. It shows a nice exponential rise time. This amp is faster than it looks.

Jan Didden
If we remove the Miller compensation cap from the VAS stage, the slew rate will be greater more than can you imagine. But this will cause oscillations. The Rise time is a better estimation method of transient response in higher frequencies, because measured with all feedback loops in a given circuit (concurrent, nested etc) closed. But to me, it is more difficult to achive a good transient response in low frequencies. And more expensive because there is the power supply role here.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
fotios said:

If we remove the Miller compensation cap from the VAS stage, the slew rate will be greater more than can you imagine. But this will cause oscillations. The Rise time is a better estimation method of transient response in higher frequencies, because measured with all feedback loops in a given circuit (concurrent, nested etc) closed. But to me, it is more difficult to achive a good transient response in low frequencies. And more expensive because there is the power supply role here.

Hi Fotios,

Yes I agree with that, but since the miller cap is needed in the practical implementation it is not very usefull to consider the slew rate - or rise time - without this cap.

I am not sure I understand your reference to the lf transient response. Are you referring to the lf square wave tilt?

Jan Didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.