Post your Solid State pics here

Re: Tech help for Audio Analogue

VintageAmp said:
Thanks,
your explaination would explain the lack of response. This is a complicated issue where a schematic would help. It does seem this amp is not very well known. Which thread would you recommend?

But it is obvious that Bonsai recommends you the Solid State forum in which is found this thread "Post your solid state pics here". You must open a new thread in this forum here, with your query. It is so simple!

this is

my easter toy .....

constructed this as a joy excersize .....had fun doing it ....and nobody start yanking arround my transistors !!!!!! they are real ..... bought somewhere arround the 90's i still have about 120 pairs more he he he he

Attachments

• easter toy 001.jpg
    easter toy 001.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,670
please notice

...... a very strange thing .... in this project used bc546 .... for ltp and curent source , ( matched pair with thermal junction ) which bc 546 i got from a shop i dont remember ( will track down though ) and the logo was : BC546-B and down under the number 351 was printed .

suprizingly all of them had a hfe of .......351 very very closly to each other .....

Attachments

• easter toy 002.jpg
    easter toy 002.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,565
nelson pass a40 ....

ready and working allright but it will have to freeze for a while before get ready to be a ready made device since no decent tip142-147 are found in the Greek market yet and then on the other hand i dont really wana go for cans ..... too much mechano to do that i am not up to these days

also another reason to freeze this is that the mosfet used for a current source is almost impossible to get ( as we speak only one resistor+cap is used ) so this part needs to be redesigned ....

the pcb is the original but i am actually tempted to make my own since i really dont like outputs wired to the pcb ..... this is something i would never do .....

regards sakis

PS .... it measures pretty fine but still havent heard anything from it ....i dont wana spoil my ears before everything very ready first ..... ha ha ha

Attachments

• a40.jpg
    a40.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,544
same thing as above

my easter toy ....as a dual mono version

i apologize for the construction since most of the construction i make looks really nice but this particular one was originally builted as Legend 4 but failed .... for about 20 times and then reconstructed again and again and again till i decided to do something finally useful with it ....

here is the pictures and also scope readings ....with the first one at 10 khz and the second one .....at 100khz ..... nice baby heeee

Attachments

• the all construction.jpg
    the all construction.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,581
My toys during Greek Easter

Hi Sakis

×ñéóôïò Áíåóôç!
In the attached picture are my toys for Easter. In the left, a bottle of tsipouro (very good, its price is 10,5 euro/0,7Lt) in the middle a bottle of cold water, and in the right a can of home made tsipouro (gift to me).
Ahahaha!
For the foreigners in this post, the red egs are for cracking, a Greek custom of Easter.

Fotios :clown:

Attachments

• easter1.jpg
    easter1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,501
Cal Weldon said:
Feel free to use this thread to post your DIY efforts.

Hi Guys
I'm totally new here and my amp will look funny in comparation with every other posted here.
This my first guitar amp that I made and it is based on tda2030 IC.
Preamp is a fet version of fender blackface.
Speaker is a 15W 4 ohm which i took out from a portable CD player.
That pretty much says it all!
Cheap,simple and good enough for practise until I buy myself a decent guitar amp. :D

Attachments

• guitar amp.jpg
    guitar amp.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2,457
FastEddy, thanks!

The main board is designed by Creek Audio (I just copy layout from original, and replace a few components :rolleyes: ). The design of other PCBs is mine.

And here is one more amplifier (even in the process of assemblage);

The old version of PCB:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and the latest version:

This is the "WP2006", 200W output at 4Ohms, with DC protection on board in the last version. The design of PCB is also mine.